|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, October 26, 2004 Arsenal 2 - 0 Manchester United The reason why I'm talking about this match now is because I cannot bring myself to accept the scoreline. All of teams to lose our unbeaten run to.... I rather Arsenal lose to a team like Bolton. Tempers always run high in meetings between these 2 teams and this one was no exception. What was ironic was how man u won the match this time round. The penalty that rvn missed last season, he didn't this time round. We needed "thugs" like Ray Parlour and Martin Keown to handle bastards like rvn and roy keane and sadly, they were missed. I've lost all respect for rooney for his diving display. The last time I felt this bad was when Arsenal lost 6-1 to Man U a couple of seasons ago. Dwight Yoke and Andy Cole got a brace each. It was the same in 1999 when Arsenal lost the UEFA final to Galatarsaray on penalties. It was a bitter pill to swallow as we were the favourites. Of all players to miss the crucial penalty, it was Davor Suker. The man Wenger bought because he was the best penalty taker around and the top scorer for World Cup 1998. He truly disappointed me. It was D day for Arsenal and their fans worldwide. This is perhaps a feeling only soccer and Arsenal fans will understand. Till the next game at Highbury where we welcome the red devils to our ground, they will have the boasting rights for a few months. Let's hope this result will not affect Arsenal's morale for the game against the Saints this saturday. Who says Liverpool vs Manchester United games are always the classic ones? I beg to differ.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|