Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The truth is out. I will be serving the nation on the 11 March 2005 and I need to reach Pasir Ris by 8.30am. It suddenly dawn on me that I'm already 18 and I got to do what every guy in Singapore has to do ---- the need to serve the nation. There are pros and cons of going in early and late. Enlisting in March for me sounds reasonable because it gives me ample time to get my driver's licence and party for a while before going to tekong.

I don't see the need to tell myself that I'm going to tekong to get myself tortured but I rather look at it in a positive way. No doubt the 2 years is gonna be a waste of my time but it will be a good experience for me. I will have to learn to survive away from home, get to make new friends, eat with my comrades and many other stuff. I've always lament that fact that Singapore doesn't have the laws to permit the sale of firearms. Army is going to give me a chance to fulfil my dreams of handling the guns. These bits and pieces of stuff are probably the ways I am going to tell myself that army won't be that bad after all. Army is going to train me up to be so fit that I probably won't be able to recognize myself when it's over.

My police dreams are officially over yesterday when my father handed me the letter. Most of the malays in jjc got posted to pa for reasons we all know. It has been said that most malays won't be able to get into army because the government is worried about where their loyalties will lie in the event of a war with Malaysia for eg? All the malay ruggers all got into pa while I'm bloody alone in army. I can't believe I missed the chance to have a reunion with them after the As. We were like talking about how we will continue to be teammates even after we graduate in 1 way or another, maybe through clubs or something. Zaiaid,hafiz,ahmad and many more will be together in pa while I will be thinking about how I can make my life more enriching after bmt. Bloody hell.... I don't really see myself playing squash even if I have the chance to for safsa because it's not really my kind of game. My first love has always been rugby and I will grab every chance I have to play it.

Ridzuan, haha.... Face it. Civil Defence.... lol.... Actually I won't mind really to get posted there, anything to stay on the mainland. Hope you get into police man, otherwise you will be wasting your time. I can tell that police will have the best flyhalf if you get in.




was alive and kicking at 9:52 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com