|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, November 26, 2004 The A Levels is indeed the hardest exam I ever took in my life. No doubt about it. It was torturing both physically and mentally. 1 month of non-stop studying,the lack of sleep and poor appetite wasn't easy. So many sacrifices had to be given up just for this month alone but I felt it was worth it. For someone who can't live without food, I just didn't have the mood for anything during the exam period. I had problems even trying to finish a packet of chicken rice or fishball noodles. The feeling sucks man. So what did I do this morning, had an extremely heavy breakfast comprising of a bowl of handmade noodles and laksa. Haven't had laksa for quite awhile already and the taste was just out of this world. Sleeping wasn't a problem yesterday night cause I was real tired but I woke up at 8.30am this morning. It's damn weird. When there is school, I always have problems waking up in the morning but when there's no school, I tend to wake up damn early. My body clock is damn weird. Tried going back to sleep but it wasn't effective at all so I decided to wake up and read the papers. After my heavy breakfast, here I am embarking on a marathon song downloading session. Going to get my Creative mp3 player sometime before Christmas so I might as well spend the time sorting out the songs I need. Deleted some songs which I felt was getting boring and I'm trying to finish up downloading Sum 41's latest Chuck album. Most people think they are just another loud band but there's more to it. The title of the album is a tribute to a social worker aka Chuck who had helped Sum 41. The song names and lyrics are rather meaningful and I don't need to elaborate. Just ask me to send you the songs if you want to listen to them. I changed my skin again and I'm quite proud of the fact that I'm learning more html stuff along the way too. It's really a self-taught programming lesson if I can call it that. I still remember the first time I set up my old blog, I took around 4 hours just to get everything ready and settled. Finding the blogskin was "Easy Peasy" as Michael Doyle used to tell my class. "Maths? Easy Peasy la" I've learnt to design my own blogskins and the satisfaction I get from it is rather good. This latest skin took me just 10 mins to customize according to my personal needs. This skin probably won't stay for that long since I've got the time now to change it frequently so I'm just gonna experiment with new skins now and then. The first thing I felt after my paper was how am I gonna handle this freedom or free time that I suddenly have on my hands? I'm already starting to feel bored. Putting aside my plans for the time being to take driving lessons because I don't think I have enough time to complete the course when army comes reckoning. The remaining days for November and the month of December will be for complete rest and recovering from the A Levels. Will spend the rest of my freedom working and to also earn some extra cash. By January, most of my friends will be enlisting already, it's gonna get even more bored. So many of the acjc people are going in January also.... I can just imagine my msn with hardly any people online at all. Joses messaged me after my physical geo paper to tell me I'm very lucky to have a good physical geo teacher who knows how to spot questions. Before I received his sms, I was taking Miss Mandy for granted. I'm ashamed of it. I believe she is a very good geo teacher who cares for her students. She even cried during one tutorial because we didn't do our work. She felt frustrated that she cannot do more to help us achieve our desired grades. 90% of my essays were similar to my prelim's ones. Very lucky. I must say your teacher jacked you Joses, haha.... but seriously, I myself thought that all the slope processes are coming this time round cause weathering came out last year already. I did your school paper, njc, hcjc and pjc.... all these schools set slope processes for their prelims so there was a high chance of it coming out. The thing is, plate tectonics confirm won't come out for A Levels because it came out as an essay last year, why would your teacher bank on it? haha.... It's damn weird. For geo, I have a very good physical teacher but I can't say the same for my human geo one. Miss Lum is a nice teacher but she just doesn't know how to handle her students. That alone is a crucial factor. I'm glad that I didn't throw away my sec 3 and 4 geography stuff because they have been helping me all this while. I would have died for human geo especially if I didn't have Tim Lim's books and notes. A good teacher also sets prelims questions that are likely to come out for the A levels, not questions which are set to let students do well. I mean what's the point, it's only the prelims. Creff set the exact question that came out for paper 1 and the acjc students gained from it. For jjc, we have our very own Miss Mandy. My classmate, Shaiful, summed up the day in his sms. " I've risen from the dead and my life begins from here". How true. Had a very good chat with Chee Chang during lunch and after squash. We were just talking about life and how fast time just flew up. 2 years.... I only got to know him much better this year. It helped that we both used to take ao maths together until most of us dropped it. For reasons not due to the grades I believe, haha.... because we couldn't stand the sight of the teacher, literally. I found out he used to be in science like me during the first 3 months. He took maths, econs and physics while I was taking maths, chem and bio. Yesh, we both couldn't stand the science environment and I just couldn't handle a science combination. It's amazing how exams allowed me to get to know even more people. Arts people who sat beside me during papers. I got to know Jasmine because she kept borrowing my stapler during the prelims and I was also offering sweets to everyone around me. Singapore Idol yesterday was rather emotional. The sight of Taufik and his mother crying was just.... I don't know how to describe it. Some bastards may think it's a ploy by Taufik to win votes. Fuck you all. Those are really words spoken from his heart. He's a good son who thinks of his family's future and most importantly, his mother. He hopes to find a good job so that he can provide for his family and let his mother live a good life. She's like already this old and she has to walk up and down to clean the condos. I can't believe I used to support Sylvester. His voice was a strong factor I guess but now I just can't stand the sight of him. I don't care about his money problems and all. If he wins Singapore Idol, it won't be because of his talent, but because he's just popular with the girls in Singapore. Thats all.... I hope Taufik wins because he's got a real good voice. He's got that soul and funk in him and I would definitely buy his cds. Even if he doesn't, I hope he gets a recording contract or Suria employs him as an actor or something. He deserves something at least. A mother's love is truly the greatest thing in this world. We see how Taufik's mother continue to vote for his son because she wants him to qualify for round after round even though the family's finances are tight. I hope Singaporeans really know how to vote for the finals.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|