|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, November 04, 2004 Cambridge jacked me today when I turned over the question paper to discover that there was only 1 Singapore question. What happened to the supposed 2 or 3 Singapore questions that was promised beforehand? I was banking so hard on Singapore questions and sports to come out and it left me feeling damn disappointed. Too say that I panicked would be an understatement because I nearly died. I just sat there for 1 minute and wondered what I was gonna do. S & T questions are obviously not my cup of tea and the rest just sounds foreign to me. Calmed myself down and took a 2nd look at the question paper again. Told myself I can do it and to look through every question again. I nearly got myself into deeper shit when I misread the 2nd question thought "poor" was "old". I wonder how I can do that? Are the young in your country valued more than the elderly? Discuss Settled on this question in the end. Had to stay focus because I need to remember whatever stuff I've read through. It's pretty ironic that whatever books and notes I bought were useless because I got my info from the jjc reading package. That particular one that contains 60 model essays from better colleges. 3 compos from the package saved my ass. 2 on the aged from temasek jc and 1 from njc. Just basically copy and paste the whole chunk inside. Comprehension was a letdown because I don't think I performed well enough. I wrote as much as I could for aq and yeah, the spaces was not enough and had to depend on a new sheet of paper. I always go into the exam hall expecting the worst and today I was prepared for it. Teachers say Cambridge likes to jack us every year. Full of surprises they say.... I don't care so much about the grade, just hope I can pass. The salesgirl in the Music Junction shop at jp really is a joker. Obviously she's a 93.3 listener like gerald. I was like asking " May I know where is the location of the Alter Bridge's cd?". She was like can you write down the name on this paper here? When I found out the location I was like wtf, it was way behind in the shelf and not put together with all the latest releases. Tucked away in the corner waiting to be forgotten. This shows how much respect jp music shops give to Alter Bridge. Would this have happened in hmv and sembawang music in town? Hardly I think. As I'm typing out this entry, I'm listening to the awesome vocals on my radio. 1 cd that's money well spent. More to come. More to buy. More to reasons to be broke. I want a Creative Zen for Christmas but I'm afraid of losing it. That would be like 400 bucks down the drain. I rather stick to my discman. Pros and cons.... Should I think long term and buy the Creative Zen? What's the big deal about ipod? Everyone seems to be buying it. It has less storage than Zen, no radio and being a Singaporean, of course I'm gonna support locally-manufactured goods. Gp is over and I'm not looking back on it, I must look forward like what See Teck Hock said. No you are not going to get retained Tong. You are looking down on your linguistic abilities and the power of your language. Have more faith in yourself. If people like you are worried about your gp, then what does it say about me? Was talking to Gerald just now on the bus about the benefit of having a car. Get our licence fast enough so that we can drive to prom. Hmmm, a car is a babe magnet and I can fetch Shuwen home after that but there are no babes in jjc. Only aliens. Imagine that with a car, our lanning nights will not have to be restricted to the timetable of the buses. We will play till the auntie chases us out. Gerald can miss his 74, I can give Tong a lift home as well cause he stays near me.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|