Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The magnitude 9.0 earthquake that caused the tsunami was shocking. I've learnt all about this natural disaster in geography during sec school and I was actually hoping then that I would get to see it on television or anywhere. All the words and drawings in my textbooks are not helping me then but this is not the way I want to see the tsunami. I'm feel lucky to be alive after seeing people in the affected areas crying because they have lost their loved ones or because their properties had been destroyed. I live in a country which is very safe.... in more ways than one. Thank God for Sumatra for blocking the tidal waves or I can't imagine how a small country like us can take it. I was making a joke about how the tsunami will sweep all the way in from Changi to Jurong.... I was actually planning to go to Phuket after my prom but well, I'm glad that I didn't plan to go there earlier. I wanted this mini world tour after my As to go visit places and kill some time before I enlist but I think I will be quite happy just to stay put in Singapore at the moment. Not a good way to end 2004 with this shit but I hope everyone will recover from this thing and move on with life. I know it's easier being said then done but it always takes a disaster to make a country realize what they are lacking.... in the case of Indonesia, an early warning and prediction system put in place in the Indian Ocean.

Soccer was fun but I'm sunburnt yet again and within a few days, my skin will start to peel. What's a little pain compared to hours of fun. Came home and straight away slept. Damn tired.... Emil said I looked like some drunkard after soccer. That's probably because I was too tired and was falling asleep on the bench. No thanks to the early renovation work being carried out by my neighbours upstairs which provided me with an early alarm clock. Joshua's friend didn't come today so there was no jersey to predict and I mistook David today for Piggo because they seemed to look alike. I'm losing it la....


was alive and kicking at 1:30 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com