|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 Felt real bad after watching this show on Sunday. I had just bought macs for supper and sat down to watch tv. It's about this 12 year old boy who's living in poverty. His father had lost a leg and was unable to go out and work and the whole family is depending on the $600 income that his mute mother earns as a assistant at a coffeeshop. His parents always save the best for their child, whether it's food or clothes. Supper wasn't good cause I couldn't eat properly, I mean how can I when I see what's happening on tv. For a 12 year old, he's way more mature than his peers and he knows his family's situation. One of the top students in his class, he knows getting a degree is the key to finding a good job so that he can repay and take care of his parents next time. He's very sensible as well, helping his mother to collect old newspaper to sell and also helping out with the household chores. The neighbours had nothing but praise for him. I guess life isn't really fair. Ah Hock, btw is his name and he suffers from some speech and walking problems. When the reporter asked him whether he feels he's missing out or lacking in anything, he replied instantly that he's not. He has a very simple but happy life and he's not bothered at all by the lack of material posessions. His family situation has forced him to grow up to become someone that's way beyond his age. I've got alot to learn from this chap. $1 or $2 may not be much to most of us but it's alot to some Singaporeans.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|