Friday, January 28, 2005

Finally got a job as a packer for F & N working at a NTUC near my place which is pretty good cause I get to save money on transport. My agent, Nyx, from Kelly Recruitment Services wanted to post me to Boon Lay Shopping Centre (I nearly died). It was the place just beside the macs across the road from jjc where I used to have lunch. Working hours are very long from 1pm to 10pm with dinner break from 5pm to 6pm but it really beats stonning at home all day long or going out where I will be spending money again. Trying standing for more than 9 hours and my back really hurts now but it just shows my body is unfit and it will be much much worse in army.

First day of work was all right but there's alot of work to be done. Before I came, the F & N items on the shelves and everything were damn untidy and they required packing (that's where I come in). I'm damn busy when new stocks arrive and evening time where people just knock off from work and come to buy stuff from the supermarket. You see all kinds of people, most are nice but there can be bastards as well. Take for example where this jc1 guy from pjc who's probably working because his family needs the money, got scolded by this uncle and his family for not writing the price tag (when that's not even his job) properly. They created this drama mama at the area while I looked on and felt sorry for him. A bottle of barcadi goes for $3.90 and they thought it's for the whole box?! I'm glad the customers who came to me for help are mostly nice people. I'm only responsible for F & N products so good luck to rivals like Yeos who haven't found a packer yet. Their products are messy and they were not being replenished.

I like interacting with people and they made my day by thanking me with their warm smiles. I'm glad I went out of my way to help people like this old man who couldn't read English and there's nobody to attend to him. He took the price tag to me and asked me how much was it. As usual, the people (mostly old people) working in NTUC are very nice to me. From the supervisors to the cashiers and the auntie who cleans the floor, they've been good to me like asking me to take a break upon seeing that I've been working probably non-stop. Seeing how I can talk to the guard at my school for more than 1 hour, needless to say, it's more here haha....

Of course making money requires sacrifices. I'm working everyday until the eve of CNY where I knock off at 3.00pm. I had wanted to go back to acs(I) to catch the concert and visit teachers but I guess it's not possible now. Thirunalan will understand. Overall, this working experience is priceless. Ok, gtg bathe. Work is in less than 1 hour's time.


was alive and kicking at 11:55 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com