|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, January 06, 2005 My computer screwed up real bad just now, shutting down my msn and finally the whole computer on its own. I need a new one but I'm don't wanna waste money so I'm just gonna wait for this computer to self-destruct before I get a new one. Went back to school (school is starting to become an alien word to me) to play squash. Paul, Jun Jie and Kwan Rong were already there and the surprise of the day was the absence of Homan. I expect Homan to be in the courts all the time. I couldn't last through a game without feeling tired and my body is telling me that I need to start training up. 10 mins and below for 2.4km is possible for me and it's really all in the mind. Actually today was not so much about going back to play squash but going back to check out the orientation and stuff. By the looks of it, orientation is damn boring and the school is very much dead. Well, it's jjc so I shouldn't be surprised. Josh told me that he only saw a few acs(I) people which is good news. Was cooling down at the courts when I saw this acs(I) rugger who obviously was not with his og and walking around with a lone friend or by himself sometimes. How did I know he was a rugger? He was wearing that new yellow and blue cca shirt with rug shorts. The question is, would he stay and help jjc maintain their fourth place? Highly unlikely. Saw some familiar faces in school and there were some J2s coming back to visit and others were helping out in the orientation camp. Aidil told me that the pay is pretty good ($150 for 3 days work). I did consider helping out but I couldn't bring myself to do all the jjc cheers, not even if you pay me more. Was quite surprised to see that Fara shaved her head and she's a girl! I don't really know her well in school but I said hi to her when I was on my way to drink water. I know that I don't like alot of people in school but I do know who are the nice people and I will never be a bastard to them because I know my limits. No harm saying hi to nice people when all of us know that we are all J3s. To walk off just like that would be extremely rude. Tay Theng Hwee caught Samuel and his gang for ponning Chinese lectures at the squash courts right in front of me and threaten to report them to good ol Lee Hee Fock. Told them not to worry because Tay always give chances and he will soon forget about it. However, we tend to take advantage of him as a result of that. Met Mr Koh at the canteen and he asked about our welfare. He's a student's principal if you get what I mean. I don't fancy Dr Ong doing that unless you have won a gold medal for the school. haha.... One of the few good things I like about jjc. He said that jjc are looking for relief teachers and our good friend Paul signed up. My chances of teaching in jjc is pretty remote because I'm enlisting in March as compared to Paul who has no army. Would have liked to teach geo under Mandy and Lum... Paul is probably gonna teach subjects in the order of GP, Maths, Chem and Bio.... I can just imagine him working under Arthur Kok. One funny combination. I've promised to blog about my trip to Hongkong as well. Managed to get Thai Airways tickets online to Hongkong and I arrived in the afternoon on the 17th December 2004. Took the new express train to Kowloon. This express train is separated from the MTR and it only caters to travellers going to the airport. It has 3 stops only but the distance between each is quite long. The stations in order are Airport, Tsing Yi, Kowloon and Hong Kong Central. After that, it's the MTR. After a very fast and comfortable 20 mins ride, we arrived in Kowloon. Took the free airport bus services to Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel. One of the better hotels in the area and it's just a min walk to the pier. As usual, we were staying in a centrally-located area. Hard Rock Cafe was just a 5 mins walk away. I got confused at first because there was 2 Marco Polo hotels side by side..... The first one was the one I stayed in and the other was called Marco Polo Gateway. Till now, I've not fully understand the logic. Yeah, as usual my holidays are always free and easy. This time it was even more fun because I was with in the company of some jokers. I was with my brother in law's family. They always go to Hongkong at least once a year for a holiday. Hongkong has probably become their second home. My hotel is also linked with Lane Crawford and it's a freaking heaven for shopping! I'm not very good with all those names calling so I will just call them my aunties. haha.... My aunties has brought along all their young kids and also a maid (so she can help to keep an eye on them) and I tell you it's not an easy job. It makes me ponder whether I can stand my own kids next time? haha.... I was like the oldest "kid" there at the age of 18 who had just finished his A levels. Yeah, Hongkong is a shopping and eating heaven for Singaporeans. Every place that I went to and every corner that I turned, there are shops to buy stuff and eat from. Whenever we were tired or needed a breather, we would just walk into those shops, sit down and order food and desserts. One thing about HongKong food, it doesn't matter whether you are eating at those restaurants or shops, both sell excellent food. Those porridge they sell, are so smooth when you consume them that my auntie created a joke saying that even the toothless can eat them. Dim sum was also out of this world, making Crystal Jade look bad. We took the MTR to places like Mongkok, Yau Ma Tei and Jordan to shop. Places where you can find cheap goods with lots of varieties are the night markets such as those in Fa Yuen Street and Ladies Market. I don't know why they called it the Ladies Market because they don't just cater to the ladies. Saw this sling bag I liked but not to the extent of buying it. Decided to ask how much was the price and she said 140 HK dollars. I pretended to leave (something that I've learnt in China) and she pulled me back and said 80 HK dollars. haha... Once you give away signs that you're a tourist, these people will rip you off. Language problems and the ways you are dressed are signs that you're one. Yeah, we shopped till 1am almost everyday and we either take the MTR home or walk back to the hotel, taking in the sights. The EPL trophy that Arsenal won last season was on tour in HK as well. It was in the concourse at Lane Crawford. Didn't get a chance to see it when it was in Singapore last time so this was the closest I could get to it. Got 2 free Arsenal keychains as well from the officials. I also bought another Arsenal jersey at one of the night markets to add to my collection of about 6. I didn't have this away jersey so buying it in HK was the perfect solution. The only tourist attraction we went to was Ocean Park. We had to take a ferry to HK Central because we lived in Tsim Sha Tsui (which is opposite HK Central). Ferry ride to Aberdeen was all right but the waters became very choppy at night due to the strong winds. Didn't feel good after that haha.... After I got off the ferry, I still felt as in I was on it. That was how choppy the waters were. Some memories I would remember in Ocean Park would be the rides I took. Roller Coaster will be nothing when compared with those in the States but it was still terrifying. There were 3 of those 360 degrees thingy if you get what I mean.... The other one I liked was something that takes you up to about 20 storeys high and you plunge down and up again. It was literally free fall. Once the machines takes you to about 20 storeys high, it lets go and you plunge all the way down. Still can picture myself in the seat, holding on for dear life as I'm typing it right now. No point having a seat because when the machine plunges all the way down, you are really floating and not even sitting down! haha.... That ride was great man. Saw a great performance by the dolphins and seals as well in some animal show. Was walking back to the hotel at around 1am and was shocked to see some stores still opened and HMV was opened as well! Think they close at 2am and that's not even on the weekends. Guess Singapore is not the only country where the city never sleeps. That's about it for now.... I wanna go back again before I enlist. It's a beautiful country where the eating and shopping never end as well.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|