Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Today's interview at John Little didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be but it's not entirely disappointing. I told the mat about the job offers that John Little is offering for its sale at Singapore Expo after reading about it on Saturday's classifieds. Both of us need the cash and we both need something to do so we met at 2.50pm and proceeded to level 5. Met Nadia but I couldn't recognize her until I asked Farhan who she was.... I then realized she's from A4. It's not my fault cause she's wearing a tudung?

The interview actually starts at 3pm but what do you know, we are all Singaporeans who love to queue. I thought being there 10 mins earlier would get us some decent spot but we were totally wrong! Like what Farhan said, " The queue is snaking around the compound outside John Little". There were so many people that rings of queues were formed around the shops outside John Little. It's hard to describe, you have to be there to see it for yourself. The application form that I got was number 250, so there were 249 people in front of me. What were my chances then of getting the job? Pretty slim. Since we were there, might as well try our luck. John Little was looking for cashiers, logistic helpers and packers for their sale at Singapore Expo and there were 2 shifts (morning and afternoon) shifts. We applied for the packers job because we are not good with money and logistic helpers require lots of moving.

I'm not being racist here but there's really alot of mats in applying for the jobs. Both malay girls and guys. Mr Goh would have died in the queue if he was there. Being in jjc, I've learnt I can't stand my own race because they are cheena and really on different wavelengths. I get along better with my malay friends, like those girls in arts. Talking and teasing them in my broken malay. Playing soccer with the mats just weeks before prelims and As. I rather go police and have my platoon mates that are malays rather than bengs as platoon mates. You can see all kinds of people in the queue, mostly teenagers with a few old people applying for the cashier positions I think. Just have to sit down and count money, it's not tiring at all.

Queuing up was very boring but we talked along the way and because I mentioned earlier that we were queueing outside the shops, we got to see what they were doing. Just before we went into the briefing room, we were standing outside this dance studio where parents send their kids to learn ballet. It's very relaxing to see one of the girls dancing, graceful....

Very soon we were in the briefing room where we were given information on what's expected of the positions we've applied for. Only then did we realize that the job of a packer is also a cashier! Christopher (the person explaining) made it very clear. I'm not good with money and I quickly changed my application to that of a merchandise clearer. You're supposed to put those stuff that people do not at the last min back to where they belong. Wendy, one of the woman in charge was damn fucked up, I mean we're human beings too... She's so freaking arrogant and stern. I mean it's not like you're some bigshot but just someone in charge of recruiting. I wouldn't be here if I need the job experience and cash. When the briefing is over, everyone rushed to the front to try their best to submit their forms and because we were standing behind (no more chairs), it's pretty obvious we won't get a chance but we are still under KIV. We also applied to be posted to John Little outlets after Chinese New Year as sales assistants. Hopefully, there will be good news. We applied for the Jurong Point outlet (I know it's sounds retarded to be back there but it's nearer than Causeway Point).

Let's not forget this girl who's a freaking suck up. When Christopher asked who wants to sit in front ("Sure get the job"), she rushed up and never stopped asking questions. Well, we meet all kinds of people. Like I told the mat, "Being in jjc prepares you very well for all kinds of situations because we have seen it all".

I'm not very concern about the pay but it's more about the job experience that I will get. I don't like those office jobs because I like to interact with people and it beats being coop up in a hole.

When you see how much fun Ahmad is having in police, you cannot help but wonder why I couldn't get into police. I miss playing rugby, I've said it a thousand times already. It's damn fun in police. Most of the malay gangsters are inside and if only I had gotten in, it's gonna be a reunion man. Ahmad is playing in some inter bunk rugby competition, for police and he's even taking a level 1 coaching course haha.... Let's not forget he's already coaching rugby to his bunkmates!

Really miss playing rugby. No chance at all in safsa.


was alive and kicking at 1:35 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com