Thursday, January 20, 2005

Went back to school today to play squash. It's quite obvious that my stamina is like shit now, panting after 1 set and I play like some newbie. I promise myself it's just light work and gym for now till the end of Chinese New Year when it's really all out training to prepare myself for ns. No way am I going in unfit and jacking myself in front of the guys. I miss those rugby physicals which prepares me very well. As a q, I have to run at least a 10 mins for 2.4km but looking at myself now, it's really impossible.

Paid a visit to bookshop auntie with Mr Goh and Cindy. Cindy was complaining about the way she was treated by the auntie but we told her she's a nice person at heart. Once she knows you, the rest is history. She told us the new batch every year is getting worse, probably they are rude or something. She say it started from the j2s this year and finally this years j1s. She's said she was pissed off by the way some behaved and stuff and I guess that's the reason why she treated Cindy as one of them. I can't remember how I got to know her but it probably started when the arts guys started hanging around the bookshop when we heard news that there's gonna be a new one with aircon. Back then, there were 2 sofas and 1 table and we will sit there to eat, talk and jsut to enjoy the aircon. It's an escape from the harsh reality outside. To put it simply, the auntie can't stand the school and the people too. She's our ally in this cheena school. I know how Cindy feels, being grouped together as one of the jjcians. It sucks.

As time passed, we started talking to her and the rest is history. She's extra nice to us, letting us and only us eat and slack in her bookshop while the others could not do the same.

As I opened the door to the bookshop today, I was shocked to see this young girl inside and I thought there's a change of management again. Realized that the auntie was sitting behind and that young girl was probably a new sales assistant or something. Was glad to see her and I could tell she was too? She was our refuge (in many ways) and the bookshop was our hiding place. Had a good chat and then we bid goodbye to her.

I don't know what to say, I felt sorry for the bookshop auntie. Since we've left the school, there's no more people to keep her company, disturb her, make fun of her like Mr Low.... It's not easy to gain her trust and she probably won't do it so easily with the j2s and j1s.

I got to meet some interesting and nice people in jjc, she's one of them.


was alive and kicking at 1:35 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com