Wednesday, March 09, 2005

For the first time in my life, I've actually packed my stuff a few days earlier rather than the usual last min packing that I always do. Yesh, I'm going in on friday and it's not that bad getting my stuff ready on a tuesday. Always had to rush through the night before I'm going on a holiday and I told myself it's better to get things ready earlier this time round. The thing is, I'm not going on a holiday so there's nothing much to pack. Had good chat with ashley just now on the phone and told him what stuff to bring on friday. Will be seeing some old friends and making new ones.

It does get to you knowing that some of your friends who had already gone in during the Dec/Jan batch are passing out this week while you're about to go in. Whatever happens, I told myself anything that happens during my army days won't be as bad as my jjc and rugby days. Of course army training is gonna be worse than rugby ones but in terms of settling into a new environment and making new friends, jjc has got to be the ultimate. Michael Doyle was right....

I need this army experience to give me back my fitness, back to the fitness I had during the competition. My pull ups especially need some help because I've been too lazy to train. Pre A level days I was too lazy to train and now with so much time on my hands I'm also too lazy to train. Sometimes this applies to my studies as well.

I'm gonna be missing on alot of things while I'm inside. Alot alot alot of tv programmes like amazing race, champions league soccer, epl soccer etc.... My usual late night supper and of course my computer. I'm going through what my friends went through in Jan. Talking about champions league soccer, tonight should be one of the last few matches I'm gonna watch. Chelsea vs Barcelona once again, no doubt I want Barcelona to win.

I sound like a fanatic when it comes to army stuff but I've always dreamt of playing with guns when I'm young. This is impossible in Singapore when they don't even sell guns so army will probably be the only time where I'll get to handle weapons. I like to challenge myself beyond my own limits and if the going is tough, I know that I can do it.


was alive and kicking at 2:28 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com