Sunday, March 27, 2005

Today is the time for me to book in after enjoying the short but to me, a very long weekend. As much as I would like to say that army has been better than what I've expected, I do dislike the loss of freedom, while Singaporeans are going shopping and eating out, I'm stuck on an island. The consolation is that I'm stuck on that island with many of my friends. I'm preparing myself mentally for the fact that I may not be booking out as often as I would like. There would even be instances whereby I will have to book out and in on the very same day. Well, it's all in the name of the army.

Hearing about how my friends in Sispec are suffering kinda puts me off my intention of going there. There are pros and cons of being selected for Sispec and a normal unit and it's up to the individual to decide which one is more beneficial for him. It's early days for me yet....

I don't hate the nation for taking away my freedom because guys in Taiwan and South Korea also have to do National Service but I miss the life of a civilian. When I was working before enlistment, I found out that studying and life as a student beats anything in this world. There are so many things a person can take for granted.

Training To Be Soldiers
Fight For Our Land
Once In Our Life
Two Years Of Hard Time

Have You Ever Wondered
Why Must We Serve
Because We Love Our Land
And We Want It To Be Free
To Be Free

This is perhaps the most macho song in army and best explains why we are there haha.... Meeting my section mates later to go Beach Road to buy some stuff.


was alive and kicking at 11:41 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com