Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Went back to school for some squash with Tong and Paul today. It's amazing how much army can take out of you. For Tong, his squash was just in the pits but at least some of his strokes were still there as compared to Junren who was much worse. Needless to say, my squash will end up nowhere the moment I enter the shores of Tekong this friday. Joining safsa is an option but that will see how I view army life. I want to have an enriching army life, probably going sispec and maybe ocs. However, if army life starts to take its toll on me, getting a slack unit ain't that bad either.

Paul told me he's going to the University of Hong Kong to take medicine. I was surprised and thought that he was joking with me. He was so keen on going to nus to take up pharmacy but all along I knew that he's interested in medicine and becoming a doctor. Since the days of sec 3 probably. I don't understand the perception of most Singaporeans really. Yesh, it's a hk university but it's still a university. It may not be as good as nus but you can't get into universities overseas with just psle or o level results. I admire him for pursuing his interests in medicine. Like he said, it's not difficult trying to get into the medicine course in nus but impossible. Even having 3 or 4 As and S papers may not be enough, such is the keen competition. That's why Singapore's education system is one of the best in the world but for someone like me, 12 years may be enough.

As his friend, I wish him all the best. It's not often you've the chance you get to go overseas. At least he's going to a place he's kinda familiar with. His canto will finally come into use there. Maybe when I pass out from bmt, I'll go visit him there. Puvan, my sec 1 and 2 classmate, is flying off to manchester to take medicine as well. He's another friend who's jumping onto the medicine wagon , if I can call it that. I had wanted to be a vet last time but I realized my interest does not really lie in the science area.

I met Kaijin and Kelvin before I went to meet Paul and Gerald on results day. Haven't seen them for quite some time. Kaijin did all right and Kelvin did rather well. He's damn good in maths. That guy is apply for a course in the London School Of Economics. Another overseas guy.... Good luck la in your application.

Just like life after sec 4, I'm once again losing my friends to army, overseas etc. This growing up thingy is happening too fast for me to handle. Paul's term starts in September so he will most probably go hk to settle his university stuff in July. Can't believe one of my good friends is going to leave me. He went through alot of shit with me ever since we left the sheltered shores of acs(I). We both got shitty results for Os and entered the shores of Jurong. I spent most of jc1 life living in denial and it's people like him that kept me going strong. Whether or not he's coming back to practice medicine in Singapore is another matter altogether.

I've got 2 years to consider my university life because of army. There's really no hurry. I was thinking of going hk to study just now if not for army haha.... well, it was just a thought. Paul would probably had enough of people like me jacking him, let alone jacking him in hk. That still leaves me with the choice of Singapore vs Australia. Most people I know want me to stay in Singapore but I just don't know what to say. Even if I don't go Australia now to study, I will still go one day to get another degree there. It doesn't hurt to get more degrees right? I'm just the typical kiasu Singaporean.

Bought a file from Popular in the afternoon before I went to school and realized it was broken. Had to go back again just to exchange for a new one. It feel weird going to Popular because there's nothing for me to buy there except today haha.... Certainly won't be going there for the next 2 years. I needed the file to put all the certs, testimonials etc. It's about time I started to arrange my stuff before they all go missing. First on my page is my primary results followed by secondary and finally junior college. Just waiting for jjc to send me the letter to collect my A level cert to fill up the spot in the file. All that is missing now is the degree.

Try it and you will get the satisfaction of seeing how far in life you've come. Arrange your certs. My results ain't exactly the best, especially my Os but it will remind you of how far in life you've come. Life in Singapore especially is just all about results. Sometimes the decisions you take affects you for life. You play a fool with your studies, you play a fool with your life and your future. I realized it after Os.

Haven't typed such a long entry for a long time. You realized that when you don't have school, life is really boring and nothing much happens. Even though my school is jjc, at least something happens there. Some of my friends may still detest at being associated with jjc but it's the school that gave me a chance when I was really feeling down. It's the college where I took my A levels. Sometimes you gotta appreciate what you have.

I've alot of respect for students who took the A levels. 2 years of tough and hard preparations. I wonder why O levels with 8 subjects seemed easier as compared to only 3 subjects in jc. People have come and go in jc for alot of reasons but the main reason is because most of them couldn't handle the pressure and weren't ready for the A levels.

RESPECT


was alive and kicking at 1:30 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com