Sunday, May 08, 2005

My coy and Echo coy had a talk with the CO and another Colonel from the Guards this week. They were worried about the lack of interest of being future commanders from my coy. Most of the people who were interested (you can count with 2 pairs of hands) were the usual ones. People whom you can't stand that is. The deserving ones like Wei De from my platoon will no doubt make an outstanding leader in the army next time. He's our platoon ic for this week and you can just tell how he enjoyed his time serving the platoon and he doesn't mind serving our platoon till bmt ends. He has no choice but to relinquish his post for Ben aka Ah Bian for the coming week. If I'm a recruit and Wei De is my commander, I will have nothing but respect for him.

Ram gave an inspirational speech in the auditorium. He enlisted with a very negative attitude of army and took some time to settle down. He gave an honest opinion of himself saying that he's not cut out to be a commander and that it doesn't mean you have to be a commander to excel. You can excel even though you're in a man unit. It's a waste that recruits in Echo won't be given a chance to go Command school because of their body mass. I'm sure many of them want to and will become good sergeants in their respective vocations.

I don't know what I want to do in my 2 years of national service. For the time being that is....

Starting from tomorrow, I will be embarking of another 3 days 2 nights in the Tekong jungle for the SIT test. I'm sure it will be even more tiring than field camp but it will still be nothing compared to spending 7 days and 6 nights last time. I hate jungle camps because I can't take combat rations. That's the bottom line.

Can't wait for the next public holiday to arrive.


was alive and kicking at 1:22 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com