Sunday, May 15, 2005

Now that Sit Test is over, there will be no more going outfield for the time being that is.... Sit Test wasn't that bad as I thought and it certainly wasn't as tiring as field camp. Sit Test was just 3 days and 2 nights (nothing compared to a 7 days and 6 nights field camp). It helped that there was a heavy downpour on the second day which helped to bring down the temperature. I was assigned the easiest job as a signals ic and all I had to do was to bring around a walkie talkie and report to the hq before and after a mission has been completed. We did 12 missions altogether. I was assigned to Team Alpha and I must say that my team had very nice people. Let's not forget about Sergeant Zul who only made us did 1 leopard crawl throughout the Sit Test. We worked hard together as a team to complete and solve the problems. One of the missions required us to climb up and down the manhole to avoid enemy detection and we chipped in to ensure everyone came down and climbed up safely.

Friday was quite an emotional night for me because one of my favourite Sergeants Faizan left us to go back to his original coy Dragon. Yesh, he will still be around in bmtc but he won't be officially in charge of us anymore. The sergeants in my platoon are all damn nice but I became rather good friends with Faizan after the First Aid Test back in March. I was supposed to use any objects I can find to apply pressure to the wound so I used my dummy grenade without thinking. The rest is just history. Faizan calls me Yong.... My surname that is.

He's always shouting like hell during field camp but I know he wants the best from us. He pumps us alot and especially me. He will be like "Yong, you give me 20 now!". He doesn't pump us for the sake of pumping but because we really did not do things up to his standard. Like my friends say, I always do my pushups with a smile on my face because I know Faizan always keeps a lookout for people like me and Mark. Any slightest mistake I will get pumped haha.... I'm gonna miss his shouting and pushups till the day I pop. We sat down together as a platoon to talk about life after AAR and he offered us advice about what to do in army for the next 2 years. BMTC needs more sergeants like him around.

Respect cannot be bought, it has to be earned.


was alive and kicking at 12:58 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com