Sunday, June 19, 2005

It's been a long day today. Waking up at 10am before rushing down to acjc to play soccer with the guys. Attendence was much better as compared to the last game and more people who don't usually play with us turned up. The more the merrier. People like Darren and Kamil etc. It's been a long time since I've played with them. Probably for 2 years at least.

When army guys meet, we usually talk about nothing else but army stuff. It feels weird knowing that friends you known since sec skool are gonna be your superiors in army. They are gonna be sergeants and officers. Sergeants have the power to pump me while I'll be saluting the officers. Not all of us are going to commanders in the SAF, some of us will become man(some opt to be and some didn't have a choice). There will be lucky ones like me that will be posted to a not so tough vocation like Regimental Policemen, Plant Operator like Darren, Sea Terminal Operator like Abel or a Lifeguard like Kenneth Lwi.

The weather nowadays has been terrible. Just walking a few steps outside alone is killing me and I can't believe I actually played soccer for more than 3 hours in the hot sun. That's why I'm sunburnt now. Not the first time anyway so I'm used to it. Proceeded to play squash with the squash guys after soccer. Pretty shagged after just a few games of squash and we ended the game earlier. We met Robino and had a chat with him. He's still the same coach, only drive, boast and volley for a while before asking his student to play a game with Kwan Rong.

Pampered ourselves with mudpies at nydc because all hell is gonna break loose on Monday. It's indeed a challenge trying to finish the mudpies Private Goh. It's gonna be even more of a challenge trying to survive the next 1 year plus of ns life.

Alot of people will want to be in my shoes because I've been posted to one of the slackest vocations around. However, I will say that every vocation will have its own challenge and difficulties. Take for example, Kwan Rong is trying to pass his driving course as a driver in Guards. Homan just survived a 4 day outfield training in Armour, Gerald will be embarking on a journey as a rifleman. As for me, I've heard that there will be a few outfield trips for me and I might still need to dig trenches as a rp? Whatever it is, I will know for myself come Monday.

Life Begins After ORD - Gerald
how true


was alive and kicking at 1:24 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com