Friday, June 17, 2005

You are posted to :HQ CAB
Your vocation is :REGIMENTAL POLICEMAN

I haven't been sleeping well these few days because of the posting. Been nightmares getting posted to Sispec and having to undergo 6 months of outfield training and having to eat combat rations. I was so into the idea of going Sispec at the begining of bmt but now I've been praying everyday they will send me to some slack vocation. After slowly adjusting back to civilian life, I cannot imagine going back to Pasir Ris every week just to book in and book out. The promising pay and rank is attractive but Tekong just isn't the place to be. There's no life there. After you alighted from the fastcraft in Tekong, you still have to board the tonner to go to Sispec.

If you asked me whether I've got any regrets about not being posted to Sispec, I would say abit. The chance to become a commander is over for me now but I would love to have 3 stripes on my sleeves and shouting orders. I can imagine myself going back to Dragon Coy and lead my recruits together with Sergeant Faizan.

I have a vague idea of what a Rp's life is like so I msged my cousin who ord a few months back. He was a former rp himself. He told me I would be staying in my Changi camp for 3 months to receive training before being posted out to guard camps or for other duties. The slacking begins after the 3 months in Changi. If I'm not wrong, it will be a 8 to 5 job after the 3 months training in Changi. No mattter how far they post me, the good thing is that it's on the mainland. Anytime I wanna go home fast, I can just hail a cab. I can still go for dinner with my comrades anywhere I want to and not just restrict myself to the Tekong cookhouse or canteen.

I'm gonna use this time well to learn driving. I wanna drive to ntu next time without having to take 174 and switch to 199.




was alive and kicking at 12:23 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com