Sunday, July 31, 2005

Gonna leave my house in around 15 mins times so I figured there's enough time for another weekly entry. This week has been rather all right with just fibua taking up and monday and tuesday. Had a turnout on monday morning at around 4.30am. To us, it was more like an alarm clock as the waking up time was 4.45am anyway. Left for Sungei Gedong at 7am for our fibua village training ground area. Sounds retarded but I'll rather stay at Changi area then get posted to armour because that is really one ulu area. There's only 1 bus and forested area surround that narrow road as you travel in and out of the camp. It's amazing our coaches didn't get lost travelling around.

Fibua is fun but tiring. War in the future won't be fought in jungles but in urban areas. That's the reason why we soldiers have to be trained in urban warfare. Especially for us field defence troopers. Our whole base is mostly buildings and not so much of forested areas. We had a stimulated exercise on tuesday where we had to attack and take control of a building. As we were the first section to storm the building through windows, we suffered heavy casualties. Only 3 people from our section of 7 survived. Scaling the windows is no easy feat. It makes the low wall in soc look like a joke. Even my sergeants needed to try a few times before they got in. Imagine holding a m16 in your left hand and trying to scale the window with the right hand, it ain't easy. After playing cs for so many years, I never thought I'll be playing it live.

The girls in fass have begun university life and it seemed that year 1 life in fass isn't that rosy with people trying to outbid one another in order to obtain the modules they want. I'm glad I didn't choose that fass path.

I can't wait to finish my course and the nightmarish 2 weeks of on job training. Just looking forward to the long weekend.

Back to another week of chiongsuaing.


was alive and kicking at 7:58 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com