|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 4 days of holidays for me passed by so fast. Just when I began to enjoy it, I have to book in tomorrow by 7.20am. Heck the 7 hours of sleep, at the rate I'm going, I'm probably gonna have less than 5 hours. Think the taxi ride from my house to changi will provide me with a power nap. National Day today. For the first time, everything that was going on made sense to me. The commands, the ranks, the no.1 uniform and the different formations etc. I especially like the march past by the saf's latest weapons. I've always got an interest in armour vehicles so to see them live on tv was a treat. I think this is the first time there was such a display of weapons by Singapore for many reasons. The main reason was to let Singaporeans know what's going on at least in the army while the others are my own. It is to let other countries know of our military might and tell them not to mess around with us. We have the ability to defend and even strike back, should there be a need. I've always wanted to go command school because I've wanted to become a specialist who can lead and bond well with my man. Sad to say, saf has decided to post me to this airbase where I don't think I'm learning much. The sispec crossover to ocs is over and several of my bmt friends had made it. Congrats to them because they worked hard and deserved their reward. Many of my friends are doing well in army, can't say the same for me. It sucks to know you can contribute more in another place but can't do much about it. What can I do? Just gotta serve and fuck off after 2 years. The thought of downgrading did come across my mind but it's my pride intergrity, fitness and my future job as a pe teacher that are preventing me from doing so. No disrespect to my friends who downgraded for genuine reasons, it's just another of my moods. I don't want to do nothing for the rest of my nsf and even for my reservist. I hate to admit it, saf is the best and cheapest place to help you to keep fit and healthy. When people start their uni life and their careers, how many can actually raise up their hands to say they take time out to excercise? Not many I would say. Gotta sleep soon, it's been a long day. Cheers to the predicted tekans and turnouts I'll have this week before I book out again on saturday. Life as a field defence trooper in cab is excellent.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|