|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, August 14, 2005 This has been a rather short week cause we only had to book in on Wednesday. I've actually come to realize the importance of having a solid 7 hours of sleep the day before I booked in. Was feeling so damn tired on Wednesday due to the lack of sleep the night before. It was good news when we spent the whole day watching episode 1 and 2 of Band Of Brothers. Pc Daniel wanted us to learn something from the show in stuff like digging of trenches, flanking, hand signals and many more. I'm a big fan of war movies so obviously I treated it more like a movie rather than some lesson. Had technical handling tests on m203 and saw on Thursday. M203 was all right cause I could still recall to poke my 5 piece rod into the 4th hole to get the thing out. Saw was much worse cause it ain't easy to strip the weapon and let alone assemble it. Somehow I did it because I don't want to repeat both steps in front of my sergeants again and again. It sucks to know that the previous ippt test I took was just a trial test. However, the ippt test I took on Friday with the air force regulars was for real and that means there's monetary rewards if I get silver. Quite satisfied and happy that I managed to maintain my silver for ippt. Gold can be achieved but it doesn't help that I don't run alot in the air force. It's all down to my own training during my free time. Things are starting to hot up towards the last few weeks of my course. Platoon live firing for the whole of next week followed by Excercise Earthworm the week after. I'm damn scared of Excercise Earthworm because I really suck at digging. Well, let's worry about surviving next week first. Sucks to know that I'll be booking out late on saturday for the next 2 weeks because of live firing. Indeed it's true when army takes up 2 years of my time.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|