Sunday, September 11, 2005

12 weeks of suffering in the field defence course has been completed and I passed out on friday together with my platoon mates. Just like bmt, the course is over before you know it. 3 months just went by so fast, I'm about to embark on a journey towards the end of my nsf. It seemed like the 20th June when I first stepped into changi airbase, wondering what's gonna happen to a private that had just graduated from the sheltered shores of tekong. I was actually overjoyed upon knowing that I'm gonna be a regimental policeman (those that you see doing nothing in tekong ferry terminal). How wrong I was. Those people are the ones that go through only 2 weeks of lectures and they're done. We are combat trained infantry soldiers that go through 3 months of suffering.

I can still remember myself wearing my field pack and dragging my duffel bag from the main gate all the way to cab auditorium. It was freaking tiring and hot. The numerous tekan sessions we have and all the chiongsua we go through in the base, sungei gedong and pasir laba. It wasn't easy but we survived as a platoon. We're ready to begin our job as members of the field defence squadron to safeguard the airbase during peace time.

I will always remember the auntie that comes damn early to clean aeti because she's really a nice lady. I greeted her once when I was filling my water bottle at the cooler near the gilo office and found her really approachable. She makes sure that aeti is clean before she leaves the place. I may not be related to her but I kinda feel sorry for her when I see her struggling to throw away the rubbish from all the 4 platoons into the main trash bin on the road outside. I myself would have struggled holding 2 trash bags full of rubbish and having to climb the stairs as well. During my pop rehearsal, I saw her taking a short rest after reaching the road by putting down the trash bags before moving on to throw them away. I know she's paid to do such stuff but surely that we as soldiers could do more to help her. Afterall, it's our rubbish.

Help came in the form of madam. She's a warrant officer in charge of admin and being a woman, she probably feels for her fellow kind. She scolded our csm for letting her clear rubbish containing glass. In the end, one of the guys who's not taking part in the parade helped to carry the bag instead. I think we should all be ashamed of ourselves for not helping her when we could.

Not much to say but I'll remember what the master warrant told us before our pop. 3 months ago we entered the airbase. 3 months later, we are ready to pop. Very soon, we will be clearing our leave and get ready to ord haha. Time will pass very fast.

Indeed.


was alive and kicking at 1:51 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com