|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, September 11, 2005 It felt good not having the booking in feeling today. Currently enjoying 2 days of block leave which will end on tuesday but I ain't gonna think about that day till it arrives. Will be booking in on Wednesday at 7.45am to receive my posting. I'll most likely stay in cab for the rest of my nsf and for my reservist and ippt for the next 10 years. Far it may seem but the fact is that I'm settled down there and most of my friends who I've come to known for the past 3 months will be there as well. I leave my destiny to fate or rather mindef to decide. It's been almost 1 year since I took the prelims and A levels. The current batch of j2s will be taking their prelims tomorrow and I just wanna wish them the best. Msged some of my juniors from squash and wished them all the best. They're going through this shit, shit that me, tong, gerald, kwan rong and homan went through last year. It will certainly be hell but before you know it, it's over. Prelims are a gauge of what your standards are before you proceed on to take the dreaded As. However, do not be discourage if you did do well. I've seen so many cases of people doing badly for their prelims but bouncing back to do even better for their A levels. I see paul burying himself in homework and studying hard for his tests in university, so are many of my friends. University life is altogether a different ball game and it certainly requires more dedication than what you had in jc. However, I want my uni life to be fun without neglecting my studies. I don't want it to be like my jjc life. Going to school in the morning and going back after classes end. Junyi mentioned something that made sense to me. In army, it's either you'll be the highest or the lowest. I see some of my friends doing well in their nsf life while I'm just a freaking private. Since mindef has decided to banish me to the lowest form of life in a man unit, there's nothing much I can do but slack to the max. Of course I feel guilty sometimes about not helping out when doing sai gang but I'll rather leave it to the more garang people like goldfish and mathan from platoon four to do it. There were times when I wish I was in a more exciting or rather a vocation which won't be as mundane as mine. Even a rifleman has more to say about his nsf life when he ord. I wanna take driving lessons soon. At least there's something for me to learn. My cousin who's taking engineering now in ntu finds it damn hard to study for reasons we all know why. Army makes you stupid and it degrades your brain. I even thought of taking up Thai so it will come in useful when I go for my frequent trips there to shop and bargain. Seeing Arsenal lose 2-1 to Boro sucks. Boro is a team we can easily bang in four goals for the past couple of seasons and this result is unacceptable for a team like arsenal. It's only the begining of the season and we've lost 2 matches.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|