Sunday, September 04, 2005

It was good meeting up wongz and the rest for dinner in town. It's been a long time since I last saw wongz and kwok ley. For kwok, it was in smart 4 back in pasir ris when we were still recruits and as for wongz, it's probably 1 year since he left Singapore again for Canada. It's a pity since we couldn't meet up more often because of ns and studies. He's going back to Canada this coming Wednesday and I hope he has a nice long flight back.

It was drama mama this week in camp. My csm got a bit power crazy and went mad. Just a bit of background knowledge on my csm. I went into this fdc course and he was just a 1st sergeant. It was only 1 month later that he got promoted to staff sergeant. He's a downgrader and I don't see him becoming a warrant officer. He accused one my platoon mate who's obviously been marked by him since day one of using his mui thai stunts on Eugene. Well, the fact is that we're all guys and it's common to see us playing around, even to the extent of pushing and shoving sometimes. In the end when he realized he's going nowhere with his accusation, he eventually confined my friend based on the grounds that he talked back loudly. No comments.

What happened later was drama at its highest. He turned out the goh people and they were not even under his charge but do they have a choice? The sergeant who was in charge of them came down and we could tell he was quite pissed. He wanted to know what was happening and based on what reasons were they turned out. Obviously the csm isn't interested to explain and he just asked the sergeant to shut up. However he never relented and was asked to knock it down by the csm. Guess what happened, he replied "Mei You Zhe Zong Si De". In other words, you have no reason to knock it down. We were freaking shocked and there was silence for awhile. After the hoo ha ended, the csm brought the sergeant to the back of the building to clear up matters.

At first we didn't like that sergeant at first because he looked damn fierce. This incident has only made me respect him more than ever. He's one of the few commanders who will really fight for the rights of his men. I don't see that happening if it happens to my sergeant.

After book out, my dad fetch me to check out Tengah Airbase. It was in Jalan Bahar area and quite near the civil defence camp. One bus stop away was Keat Hong camp aka the armour camp. I hope to get posted there after my course because it's near my house but the only downside is that it's very near the choa chu kang cemeteries. Nicholas made a very important point, when you're settled down in a place, saf has to post you out. Enough said. I've made alot of good friends in cab and I'm very settled down there but it's just too far from my house.

My dad also brought me to visit the ntu campus. It lies very deep from the main road and the place where I'm gonna study next time is even deeper. I could do with a car. The complains to my dad came to a naught when he replied that it's the best place to study because there's hardly any distractions.

5 more days to pop.


was alive and kicking at 2:56 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com