|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, September 29, 2005 My mood has been extremely foul this week. In fact, it got so bad that I wasn't in the mood to eat dinner for the past couple of nights. Tried to blog yesterday during my off day but wasn't in the mood to. I don't believe in making half-hearted entries, it's the same when I write testimonials for my friends in friendster. Gerald said my blog looks like some kind army website and Boon Kian commented on it again. It dawned on me that it's actually true, 99% of my entries are on my army life. Now that I'm in kind of fucked up vocation, what kind of life will I be having during my off and standby days. The answer is simple, no life. Extremely disgusted of having to book in and out so many times a week. Being able to book out would no doubt bring smiles to the faces of many but to me, it's another long and tiring journey back home. I live in the west and can you imagine how fucking tiring and troublesome transportation to changi air base is for me? My duties this week sucked big time. I had to mount from 4am to 7am, continued from 7am to 10am. Rested for 3 hours before mounting again from 1pm to 4pm. At night, me and Hock Leong mounted from 10pm to 4am the next day. All this shit on tuesday. Felt sorry for Boon Kian upon hearing that he's stuck in flight with sum and robin. Well, I would certainly start my own policy of isolation if I were in his shoes. I mean is there anything in common to talk about with someone who talks non-stop and another guy who doesn't help in the digging of my fire trench? I thank God for Hock Leong and Eugene for being in my shift. Without friends like them, life in changi east would certainly be even more miserable. Today was my standby day. Had to go back to camp to help out with any sai gang they had for us. The 1.5 tonner took us to merah when we had to build fences with barb wires to prevent cars from parking outside the camp. The thing about cab, it's just too big that there's 3 camps. I'm glad that I'm in the better camp out of the 3. Living conditions and the treatment by sergeants and pcs wise, east rocks. As usual, I was doing nothing except to get sunburnt by standing there in the hot sun. Went with Eugene to the mini-mart in the condo opposite merah to get drinks. Got myself a bottle of peach green tea and an ice cream cone. I mean I derserve a treat after making me come all the way down to make fences? After we were dismissed at about 3.30pm, most of the guys took taxis home except for me and Hock Leong. Btw, merah is just behind the Changi Chapel (the place recruits went to after their pop during their ne tour). We decided to walk all the way to the main road which I believed is a good route march of at least 3km in the hot afternoon sun. Hock Leong decided to call it quits after realizing how long the walk out is. He hailed a cab to go home and wanted to give me a lift to the main road outside but I declined politely. Crazy as it may seems, but I just wanted to carry on with the "route march" with simple plan blasting in my ears. I needed some time to myself and I could do with the additional excercise. Going back to camp tomorrow again and it will be sunday before I can book out again. I hate this kind of life. How the hell am I gonna find time to spend time with my family and friends? No more going out with friends and even lanning with gerald & co on some weekends? I like to apologize to my friends who I'm unable to go out with due to my NATIONAL SERVICE. Congrats to John for making it to ocs. You deserve it man. Another guy I've to salute next time. Life is kinda unpredictable now.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|