Tuesday, September 13, 2005

So there you have it, 2 days of block leave has ended and I've to book in at 7.45am tomorrow. Block leave always give ns men a much needed break from army life and give them the rest they deserve. However, just as block leave allows you to adjust slightly back to civilian life, very soon you have to book in the very next day. I'm used to it anyway.

Tomorrow I'll begin unit life proper, no more life as a trainee anymore. On job training will be all right I hope, just that I'm sick of the turnouts. Turnouts have been misused by people like ps choo during excercise earthworm. Turnouts I heard during ojt will be like 3 or 4 times a night. I was like asking myself, will I be able to get any sleep at all?

Squash with my platoon mates was fun. It was nice seeing them. Seeing them in the civilian world that is. It was awkward seeing ps wong outside as well. As much as I want to treat him like a friend, it's rather difficult. He's after all, my platoon sergeant. Xinghe maybe right to suggest that ps wong may not be human after all. Don't get me wrong, he's too nice a guy to be one. He wanted to pay me for booking the courts after we left yck squash courts. I was like, "It's ok la ps wong, we're all out to have fun". Can't really describe how I felt at that moment, most probably stunned. We walked to the nearby hawker centre to eat. All my time playing at yck, I never knew there was any food centre nearby. Simply because gerald never told us about it and I don't think tong would have eaten there anyway. Wanton noodles and chicken rice was good. Any food was better than SFI's food.

I see me and my friends moving on in life. John just pop from bmt for eg. It seemed like yesterday he just enlisted. I see poly guys enlisting last week. Very soon they will pop and get ready for life as a private. Till now, I still think of my life as a recruit back then. Can't help it. My friends will know that I'm the kind of person who's nostalgic. Back in jc, I think about my wonderful 4 years spent in acs(I). In army, I think of life as a student.

Won't be booking out this weekend due to ojt. National service they call it. It's army that makes me miss my family and friends sometimes. Other than that, there's really nothing much to look forward to when I book out. Reading my friends' blogs makes me realize weekends is the time for army guys to stock up on supplies and hanging out with friends etc.

Looks like I will not be getting my 7 hours of sleep again.


was alive and kicking at 11:28 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com