Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Today has been another fucked up day in cab. As I'm typing out this entry, I'm still feeling pissed. Real pissed. People will be wondering why I'm at home at this hour, on this day. Well, that's another story altogether. I'm booked in at 7.45am tomorrow expecting to collect my posting at around noon but guess what, it's not ready until tomorrow. Spent the whole day doing sai gang until noon. Oc only intended rations for 80 plus people so obviously lunch and dinner ain't gonna be enough for 100 over people. In the end, I ate satay bee hoon with the sauce, some bits of kang kong and few pieces of crab meat. Excellent isn't it. Food like chicken and prawn were gone by the time we went down. Some of the platoon four people didn't even get to eat their lunch.

We got tortured by csm at around 2pm. I know it's common for people to say that they got tekan and stuff in army but it's literally torture for us this afternoon. We got scolded and punished for something that wasn't even our fault in the first place. No instructions were given to clear the rations in the first place and so what the fuck were we punished for? Only the csm knows. 1 min to fall in and well, we didn't make it. "I want you to feel the heat" and the csm can't even complete a sentence or scold us properly. He had to pause and think about words to scold us. "Are you idiots?" Only a few retarded people answered yes and no. The smarter ones just kept quiet. Why bother replying him to his questions.

He then made us crawl on our hands from one end of the the basketball court to the other end and back. Bear in mind that it's two basketball courts. I could have ended up with terrible blisters on my hands if not for jun yi's advice. For that I own him one. For once this afternoon, I forgot how to be chao keng and be smart and wanted to crawl on my palms. In the end, I used more of my leg power and less of my hands. More than 10 guys ended up with very bad blisters on their palms. Blisters not the size of 10 cent coins but to the extent of the whole palm. Xuan Kai, one of my bunk mates, was one of the victims. His hands were shaking probably because of the extreme pain after the incident. The csm probably got quite scared after he saw what happened. What to do man, it's too late. I still remember what my teacher told me last time. It's like saying sorry after you pushed a person down a building.

I guessed oc was probably shocked after he saw the state of the injured after they came back from the mo. For the first time in his life or first time during our course. Csm apologized to us and he said he deeply regreted his actions. I hope he gets some serious punishment or even to the extend of being demoted. One more thing, we don't have to address him as sergeant major anymore. Staff will be enough. He doesn't deserve it.

It's been confirmed that if I stay in cab, I won't be booking out for this weekend and the next. The probable booking out day should be on the 28th. In army, nothing is confirmed. For those who think I'm slacking in the air force. I welcome you to join us.

The ride home with the taxi driver today was quite an entertaining one. I have this knack for talking to taxi drivers. My friends will know. Taxi drivers have fetched people from all walks of life and they are certainly people who have lots of tales to tell. Since we're wearing no.4, the topics never ceased. He's 51 years old this year and there's no more ict for him already. From the old 40 SAR last time. Some taxi drivers will talk alot of shit about army but some of his comments made sense. Army is a waste of everyone's time and how nsf should be posted to camps nearer to their homes to save time and money. He got charged before for misfiring a blank but only kena confinement. He said something that made me laugh. He asked whether we're still singing the song, "They give you $100 and take back $99". We may have a generation gap when it comes to certain stuff but army..... I guess no.

Well, gotta go relax for a while before turning in. It's been a tiring and fucked up day. Just another chapter in my nsf life. See ya guys at the end of the month.


was alive and kicking at 10:08 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com