Friday, October 07, 2005

Back to camp tomorrow and it's another weekend burnt. One of the many saturdays and sundays that will be burnt for the next 1 year plus. Many of my friends are still expressing shock and are surprised that people like us don't have weekends and public holidays. Well, you can't have both sides of the coin.

Was reading one of my friend's blog the other day and it got me thinking. The fact that I book out on days that my friends are in camp means that I'm spending my off days mostly by myself. Yesh, it's a sad fact but that's the way life is gonna work for national service. I've got more time to myself and maybe some will say I'm leading a loner's life. There's nothing I can do about it but to try and make the best out of this life. Try to enrich it. Theres nothing to look forward to when I book out, I don't have a girlfriend or anything. The ride home is always a long and lonely one. However, it gives me time to think and reflect on my life. Taking the mrt home yesterday made me think back about my life in acs(I). Back then I was just a school boy, probably a horny one always on the look out for girls from single sex schools. I was dead tired and was falling asleep until this group of stc girls boarded the train and started talking about their after prelims programme. Yeah, they were talking in English, just like the many other girl schools.

I'm gonna be a bastard and say that they are totally different from neighbourhood schols like hua yi secondary from the jurong west area. The way they protray and carry themselves set them apart from the others. Back to the topic on the stc girls. I wish I was back in acs(i) wearing the white and blue uniform but now I'm wearing green, sad to say. Those girls have got a long road ahead to walk. I guess they're probably in sec 2 only. There's o levels to conquered and followed by a levels which will determine their fate in life. I wish I was like them, nothing to worry about but just exams.

Was reading the top 50 young people to watch out for in the straits times last saturday and was shocked to read that there's thing acs(br) who did really badly for his o levels and ended up in ite clementi. I mean for acs guys, the worst they can go to is probably poly. However, that guy followed his interest and went on to become a very accomplished musician. I used to think back then that being in acs(i) guarantee you a place among the elite. How wrong I was when the O level results were released. It was a wake up call and a rude awakening.

Sometimes I worry about my ability to socialize after 2 years in the army. I need to make up for lost time.

I'm afraid to say it can only happen in 2007 when I collect my pink ic.


was alive and kicking at 10:30 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com