Friday, October 14, 2005

Life has been pretty good to me so far andI'm settling down at changi air base(east). I had my full weekend duty on the 7th and 8th. What's so special about these 2 days? It meant that my weekeneds were burnt. I was rather particular when ojt ended and realized that kind of vocation doesn't have weekends and public holidays but I've to accept the fact that it's only for 2 years and that's it. My mum loves to say that I'm not the only one going through national service. I always hate it when she nags at me like that but it's true after all. I've got friends stuck with me on those weekends that were burnt. I used to make a big fuss about all these but now, I think I've toned down abit.

Was doing the 7pm to 10pm shift with one of my lao jiao on Wednesday and we started talking about psp and stuff. He told me he actually had duties on chinese new year eve and on the first day of chinese new year as well. He said it sucks totally but it was an experience to be able to spend it with his friends. They even paid like 20 bucks to have some bbq to celebrate cny. Well if fate deems that I have to mount on cny, so be it.

Went for my ppt test at nie today. To be honest, I was nervous about taking the test. Let's not even talk about the test today first. Even normal ippt test in camp, I'm worried. There's a certain amount of expectations I place on myself to do well. However, those are realistic ones. I have this mentality where I like to take station by station for ippt. I had to use the same mentality for today's test as well. If you think you're fit, there are others that are fitter than you. I saw guys today that are damn tall, well-built, with damn big biceps etc. Some are wearing their ocs attire. Most of these guys have already ord with the exception of me. This world isn't perfect, there are some who really cannot make it but still have the hope of becoming a pe teacher. Size and fitness wise, you can differentiate those apart.

Walking into the sports hall today at nie, it was like walking into a new school and getting ready for orientation. I was in group 11 and I must say the people and the 2 seniors in charge of us were quite nice. We started off with the agility run which was supervised by some of the teachers and even C.Kunalan was there. We were given a chance to have a dry run just to get a feel of what it is like. We had to start off the run by placing our body in a PRONING position. Yeah, you didn't hear wrongly. Even the teacher told us straight from his mouth that we guys must be in a proning position.

Had swimming afterwards. The skies were threatening while we were getting ready for the swim. It was quite cold. The teacher in charge of us was a chinaman. Kinda reminded me about liu jiao lian from acs(I). We had to swim 25m gracefully. That's the whole point. No point trying to show him that you're a speedster. He wants to observe your strokes and breathing techniques.

Had ball possession game for the third station. Abit like captain ball but the aim of the game is to just keep possession of the ball and move it around without your opponents touching it. Tiring it was but I guess we all had fun. Badminton was our fourth and second last station. Same aim as swimming. The teacher just wanted to see whether we are able to rally and our playing style and strokes.

The last station which was gymnastics was totally embarrassing for me. Everyone was like damn shy to try the various stunts out first before going for the actual one. So what happened, we just wanted to get it over and done with and proceeded on to the test. I think I did ok for the forward,backward roll and the T-shaped excercise. I had trouble or should I say I jacked myself upside down with the cartwheel. I managed to complete it but in a very awkward position. Well, I'm not the most agile person around but I think I gave it my best shot.

Nie is the newest compound in the whole of ntu. All the sports facilties are located in that area for obvious reasons. The squash courts are on the second floor. At least when I play squash in ntu, I don't have to take a shuttle bus around just to be able to do it. The guys and girls in nie are probably the better dressed ones as compared to the engineering people. At least in my eyes, they aren't like the jjc people I'm used to seeing.

My result will most probably be out in a month's time but I'm just glad to get it over with.


was alive and kicking at 7:35 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com