Sunday, October 23, 2005

My juniors are all busy preparing for their upcoming A levels which is at around early november. If I'm not wrong, probably 16 more days to their first paper. Can't believe time passed by so fast, it's been close to one year since the As. I was mugging my ass off last year and because I took lit, my papers were among the last. It meant those taking science got to celebrate early while I tried to study for a lit paper that cannot be studied. For those taking lit, you guys will know what I'm talking about. Paper 8 is something like gp, you can't study for it but you got to know the format for writing it. We had to choose 2 out of the 4 texts and comment on them. I remember seeing the ink in my pilot pen dwindle to less than half after the exam. That showed how much we had to write.

A levels doesn't just test how much you know, it's also about having the ability to manage your time properly. It doesn't matter that you know your notes inside out but it's whether you can put it down on paper within the time given to you. For lit, I tend to overwrite and hence eat into the time for the other question. It's the same for econs. So much to write for the essays but so little time. The fear of not doing well hinges on my mind constantly as I write my essays for the A levels. For geo, it's whether I've got enough time to throw everything I've learnt in a nice way onto the answer sheet. For lit, it's whether I've analyzed enough. For econs, you wonder the examples you've given were enough.

I'm glad I don't have to go through such a tough examination again in my life. 2 years of learning into 1 major exam. The A levels started with a bang for me but ended quietly after my last paper which was lit paper 8. I retreated back to the container room with Farhan, Tong, Gerald, Homan, Paul and others from the arts faculty. Suddenly we realized we've got alot of time on our hands. We won't be studying again for close to 2 years. While Samuel and Tong left to dye their hair, I changed and got ready for soccer. It's the last game we'll be playing together as friends in the arts. Dyeing my hair can come anytime since I've got so a few months before I enlisted.

Good time don't last and the game ended early as Kenneth and gang had to go back home to pack their bags for their trip to Bali. I left for home.

2 years of jc life settled in that A level exam. While it brought joy to the faces of many, tears flowed down freely on the faces of some. I braved myself for the worst and whatever happens, I'm gonna take it like a man. Knowing my own ability, I don't expect much. Just enough to get somewhere. It doesn't have to a established local university, a private one will do. I've already set my sights on the degree in sports science from TMC academy. Anything more would be a bonus.

I went to the library just now to borrow a book because it gets damn boring when I'm doing duty by myself sometimes. Can you imagine spending 6 hours at delta 2 alone? The feeling is terrible. I can end up doing retarded things like killing a family of 5 spiders. It doesn't help that there's also a family of wasps in the POL store. They've decided to build a nest there and accompany me to do duty. Hopefully Scent Of A Killer by Christiane Heggan will be a good book.

Study hard for those A levels wannabes. Before you know it, it's time to enjoy.


was alive and kicking at 10:01 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com