Tuesday, November 08, 2005

So much shit happened for the last mount and it's gonna make things a bit awkward tomorrow when shift 3 starts mounting. There was the fire drill on the second night which was as per normal but it's the turnout that really pissed me off. We weren't turned out because we made mistakes like not clearing rations but just because they wanted to see how fast we can react to it. Again we did not meet the timing and it even got worse for reasons I will be elaborating on.

Sergeant C asked the entire shift why the timing got worse and deep in my mind I was answering his retarded question. How do you expect a fast turnout when the oldbirds keep their sbo inside their cupboard? I mean if seriously anything happen for that particular night, are they really gonna run to their cupboards to react to the threat to the airbase? Yesh, we got pumped again as usual by Sergeant C but do I give a shit about him? No way man. I used to think he's a nice guy but I regreted giving him the benefit of the doubt earlier on. In fact, the sergeants in changi who are either poly graduates or poly half way dropout (PHD) are all losers. My experience in fdc tells me that they are always tekaning us or giving us shit because they feel inferior to us. There's this sergeant from shift 4, Sergeant L whomPhilp won't forget because he got scolded big time during the M203 stripping test at aeti back then. He wasn't even in charge of us but he still got the cheek to scold Philp because he wasn't proficient enough with his weapon. I mean if we are that good with the M203, is there even a need for instructors to be present to teach us how to handle it.

I bet I can continue writing all the experiences I have with my sergeants right till the day I ord. The second incident happened just as we were about to board the tonner to dismount at east. The 1.5 tonner can only carry 10 people and Lim and Freddy were the 11th and 12th to board the tonner. Freddy got down without a fuss because he knew that he's one of the last to board but Lim decide to try his luck by sitting still. It was until we got yelled at that he alighted as if we were forcing him to. Straight away, Sergeant C said that we were being mean to him all the time. By then, most of us have already had it and I took Michael's and the other's cue to alight as well and we spoke loudly to Lim that he can board the tonner if he wants to. To Sergeant C, it may be just a passing comment to him. but to us, we took it as a insult that we always bully Lim. The truth is, it wasn't our fault in the first place. It was indeed Lim that boarded the tonner last.

We got yelled at by Sergeant HP for showing attitude and I was expecting to get pumped in the hot afternoon sun. Well, to my surprise, we were asked to load the tonner with no questions asked. I guess by then, all of us had enough for the day. It's true that you meet all kinds of people in the army, it's sad that a jc student like Lim is behaving like that.

It's more or less confirmed that I'm unable to get leave on christmas eve which left me feeling quite pissed for that night. Every year for christmas eve, I'll be in town having a good meal with my friends but I don't think it's possible this time round. There are times when I try to convince myself that I'm lucky to be in a vocation which is so slack and it works sometimes. However, I'm very prone to falling into those moods where I become bad-tempered and tell myself once again I'm wasting away in this vocation of mine. So much for Bronco Coy being a leadership batch, I guess that's what they tell all the guys in tekong. If I had gone to Sispec, I would be on my way to becoming a 3rd sergeant in school of combat engineers. Sad to say, I'm still on my way to become a lance corporal for which I don't give a shit about.

I hate telling people I'm those rps you seeing tekong but we suffer during our course and I feel we deserve more. Most of my friends are making it big in army, it's not due to peer pressure or anything that I wanna become a commander, it's just my aspirations before I enlisted to lead a section of men. I heard Noel has signed on in the airforce as an ADA officer while Paulus is on his way to becoming a guards officer. Chieh himself is going to the ocs batch in december.

It's scary to think there's 1 year plus more to serve.


was alive and kicking at 9:58 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com