|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, December 16, 2005 Currently on leave till next Monday. Taking leave in my vocation sucks cause I'm outside of camp while most of my friends are inside. That leaves me with pretty nobody else to go out with during this period of time. However, it kinda helps me to save money by just staying at home. Have been spending these few days adding more music to my mp3 player and rearranging them. The thing about me is that I'm a perfectionist. Any extra or tiny bit of details that's not neat in my player will need to be attended to. I went for a run today and you never know how useful and important that having a mp3 player by your side when you're running. It helps prevent and keeps your mind away from the thought that you're running. As simple as that. I've always find that my body goes on auto mode after running for more than 20 minutes. Kinda weird but I'll like to keep it that way. I'm pleased with myself in the way that when I run, my mind isn't really focusing on the run at all. For today, it was just tuned it to the Simple Plan music that I was blasting into my ears. I think for the next run, it will be either Good Charlotte or Sum 41. Sometimes I feel that we're growing up too fast. I looked at Carine's nick and I've gotta to agree with her. Have you ever taken time out to do some soul searching or rather think about the past and present? Maybe it's just me. I'm in a vocation where there's just too much time on my hands. Other than listening to music that invokes the emotions within me, I like to think about what life could be like after I ord for example or like how Paul puts it, "What if we had gotten into acjc?" There's just too many "ifs" and "buts" to think about in life. The problem with me is that I tend to wander back to the past sometimes and it results in the problem of letting go. Back in the days of jjc when I was in jc1, I like to erase away the school name with my liquid paper before handing up my tutorial. Miss Yap, my GP teacher, would play along with the game by writing "Denial Junior College" on the part that I've erased away. Looks funny to many but it kinda woke me up. Simply by telling me "Fabien, just fucking wake up. You don't belong to the ac family anymore!" I'm just glad that I finally did after my promos. I remember the days in acs(I) where we stayed over at Kwok Ley's house during the hols. It was kinda of like a getaway in a chalet except that we don't have to pay for it and there's no noisy neighbours to contend with. It was an extra house that Kwok Ley's father had bought to entertain his overseas clients and should they need a place to stay over at. It was at Upper Thomson Road, near the famous prata place. Around 5 to 6km away from Thomson Shopping Centre. We'll usually meet at Thomson Plaza to buy supplies before taking the cab or bus to the house. Jason Wong would bring his home cooked pasta and spaghetti, food that would settle our dinner or even breakfast the next day. Supper would be instant noodles cooked by Keith and Jason. You would never have thought that Jason Chan could cook. If we're too lazy to cook, we will just pop over to the prata place to have our meals. It's a pity that Kwok Ley's father sold away that house. Gone with it are the beautiful memories that 4.7 had. I still remember how to go to that place from my area. Take 852 all the way to mac reservoir and switch to 167. Simple as that. The switch to higher education, be it the poly or jc route and army after the O levels has taken apart our friendship for the time being. There's hardly any time or chances for friends to meet up anymore. I was watching a documentary on discovery channel just now about this guy who's aim is to seek out the komodo dragons living in the indonesian islands. He's your typical ang moh animal lover, people like steve irwin, who are out to discover those animals so people like us can watch the show from the comfort of our homes. The question I asked myself while watching the show just now was, "How many of us Singaporeans actually have the means and ability to pursue our interests" Not many if you ask me. That ang moh travels with his tv crew and goes around the island of indonesia actively seeking out the komodo dragons. He makes many friends along the way. Friends that talk to him, offer him shelter and food andgive him boat rides to the other islands etc. There's so much to be learnt from interacting with these native people. He came for video footage of the komodo dragons but left the islands with so much more. How often do you see ang mohs eating local food with their hands? Frankly speaking, I don't see many Singaporeans who are out to pursue their interests. Of course there are some but the first thing on our mind is whether such a job pays our bills. We are typical Singaporeans. I myself is a animal lover. I've been glued to such shows since the SBC earthvision days before I had cable at home. I had wanted to become your so called presenter on a animal show when I was young. The thought is still there now but I've got to be honest with myself, how much can I really earn from such a job in Singapore. It's just 9 more days to Christmas man.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|