|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, December 30, 2005 So much shit happened for this mount that I've run out of comments. It makes me wonder whether I'm the only one together with my army friends who have to go through all these during our national service. Can't we just serve our ns without any trouble at all? They say that life of a trainee sucks when you're in army but when you've turned ops like me, life is just slightly better. At least as a trainee, you get to enjoy your weekends and public holidays no matter how short they may be. S3 came to east and declared Threatcon Charlie just like that, no advance warning whatsoever. Our first thought was whether whether we can book out on our dismount day after having pretty xiong duties for the past 2 days. We reached flight and realized that Charlie had been cancelled and standby carries on. It's a relief I didn't take leave or make plans for new year's eve because S3 wanted to santa claus(army style) and cancelled all leave with effect from Thursday onwards. I wonder what joy do they get from doing all these. So to my poor friends out there who got their leave cancelled, looks like you guys will be joining me in camp to countdown to the new year. Your company is very much welcomed. This will be my last entry for 2005 and no prizes for guessing why I've gotta make this entry so early when there's still 1 more day to go before 2006 arrives. I'll be spending my new year's eve and new year in camp. Not that I really mind because the more weekends and public holidays you burn, the more immune you become towards to them. To put it simply, a Sunday feels like a Monday to me. It doesn't really matter anymore, life hasn't been really good to me. I just feel for my army friends who are attached, that they can't spend such a day with their girlfriends. For me, I've got nothing to worry about so maybe it's better that I spend it in camp. Booked out with news that Arsenal won 4-0 at Portsmouth. The scoreline kinda surprised me cause we've been having trouble scoring due to our confidence being at an all time low. However this win would have certainly done our morale some good and we are slowly but surely recovering to continue our march up the epl table. Won't be able to catch the Arsenal vs Aston Villa match this saturday at home but well, I am pretty sure we will win the match. I don't want to dampen everyone's spirits for the festive season but I would give anything to be able to spend the new year with my family and friends. It's just like what linz said over our conversation on msn. After spending Christmas away from Singapore in Britain, there's nothing better than spending it with her family and friends if she had a chance. It's like when you grow up, life takes on a different meaning altogether. Maybe partying away together with other Singaporeans isn't that attractive anymore. With all the terrorist threats, sometimes it's better to stay away from all those large parties around Singapore. When you work in a vocation that requires you to always be one step ahead of the terrorists, you roughly figure out their aims and plans. Just wanna wish everyone a Happy New Year and have a wonderful 2006 ahead!
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|