|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 There you go, 6 days of break away from army life gone just like that. The thing about taking leave, the days pass by so fast that you feel that you haven't had enough of a break, fun and rest etc. There's another bad thing about taking leave away from army, just when you get used to civilian life, it's time to head back to camp. Time for the regimental lifestyle once again. Like it or not, you've got no choice. Unless you're the infamous Melyvn who managed to dodge national service just because he's got the money and "excuse" that his musical careers is more important. As much as I would like to understand his position, I'm just like any other male Singaporean, to me fair to everyone, we would like him to serve his ns. Suffer just like the rest. I pity his ageing parents though. Having a son that's living life in "exile" because he chose to escape. His parents are not young any more, you can't help but feel sorry for them. Melyvn just wants to do his part as a son, come back to visit his parents. His return created such an uproar that he's forced to return to Britain. I like to go get my hair cut at the barber at West Mall when it's nearing their closing time. It's because I like to avoid the crowds and queues during the peak hour. I don't question their hairdressing skills but it's evitable that they will tend to rush through a customer so as to attend to the next one asap. It's not just them, it applies to all those that's doing businesses in Singapore. No matter how good that stall in that hawker centre sells their food, when the orders start pouring in, the standard of cooking drops a little. I like it when there's just 1 or 2 people left in the shop that I always go to on the fifth floor of west mall. As much as I would like to return to get my hair cut by Jacky. My army pay of $450 isn't enough to sustain me for his services. Looks like I will have to depend on my favourite babers for the time being. One of them made a point about army while cutting my hair. They always like to say the same old things. "Army nowadays is better than my days" Well, you don't argue with that cause it's true. I've been watching alot of shows on cable television during my leave. Today I saw the devastating effect on what the hornets in America can do to a poor old man who drove his tractor into their hive. To the hornets (this species is only found in native America), the tractor is like a hungry predator who has chanced upon their hive. Their only reaction is to attack the poor man in a swarm. Not by the hundreds but by their thousands. That old man stood no chance against them. He suffered a allergic reaction to their stings and died within 30 mins. In a demostration of how one of the pest companies was invited by one of the farmers to destroy a nest that was within living distance of their farm, we witness how the tv producers just by standing around the nest, has provoked an angry reaction from the hornets. It led me to think how humans without any weapons and any protection around their bodies, are vulnerable to animals in the wild. It's just 19 days more to Christmas.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|