Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Had standby today and it was conducted by pc alvin. It's the same old routine as usual, we spent like the whole morning at the e mart drawing our ranks, no.3 uniform and bought whatever stuff we need to buy. Yong Sheng decided to spend all 100 over credits of his and bought 2 baskets full of e mart stuff and ended up having to top up his credits with cash. He even bought a jockey cap?! It's amazing what one can do when we are somehow forced to use our credits in one way or another. Went for a lecture conducted by pc alvin afterwards and it became a talk cock session after awhile. Somehow we wished the lesson will end faster so we could go for a run and make our way home. Ran 3 runs around the 2.4km route and I felt satisfied because it's been some time since I've last ran on that route.

Booked out in my admin attire because I don't wanna change back to my no.4. I don't see the need to really as it's so troublesome. Went to Tampines Mall for lunch with the shift and took a cab with Jason and Michael to sew on our ranks while the others went home. Well, we were unlucky that the shop decided to take a break on the day that we decided to go sew our ranks. We then walked around the neighbourhood looking for potential shops that could help us sew on our ranks. Michael decided to sew on his at some shop while Jason and I decided to give it a miss. The time the shop needed to sew it on was too long and simply not worth it. We weren't even sure whether she could do a good job on it anyway.

I decided to come back home to the army shop at west mall which provided such a sewing service and it turned out to be cheaper by 50 cents and the quality is much much better. I mean I don't even mind paying more if the outcome is good and it was done within 15 mins. I'm currently deciding whether I wanna sew on the rank on my second no.4 because it's quite a waste to have to take it off after a few months when I get my corporal rank. Not to mention it's a waste of money.

It was the first time I've actually stepped into a neighbourhood in tampines and it was a pretty good experience. The only landmark that I recognized was the tampines rovers stadium. I mean if you just throw me inside the area where Michael lives and expects me to get home, I'll be pretty lost. All is not lost when all I need to do is just to hail a cab and I'll be on my way home.


was alive and kicking at 10:31 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com