Saturday, January 07, 2006

It's a new year and it's supposed to bring with it new and better stuff but somehow 2006 begs to differ. So much has happened in my camp and this morning, I was recalled back to base because of some security problems. There's only so much I can say online and to all those fds people who are reading my blog, they totally know how it feels to have their plans spoiled for saturday. I mean it totally sucks to receive a message telling you that you've been recalled at 10pm in the night. I'm right to say that 90% of us have made plans for the day but we've got to cancelled it because of this recall. The bad things always have to be "reserved" for shift 2 and 3.

Well, on a brighter note, I've been promoted to lance corporal with effect from 1st Jan 2006. It's nothing to rejoice about really but I'm more concerned with the extra money, not much but like what Marvin said, it's just enough for another cab ride. The thing about promotion in unit life in the army, it's really nothing to be happy about if you're just a man. In units like mine, it's extremely important for apparent reasons. There's a need to differentiate between the old birds and the new ones, especially with the arrival of the tengah new birds. I don't really plan to sew on my rank but I run the risk of running into my rsm and that spells trouble. I mean what's the point of sewing on my lcp rank when I'll be promoted to corporal eventually.

I saw Simon's nick just now on msn and time really passes by quite fast for the january enlistees of 2005 doesn't it? He has just 10 more months to his ord date. I'm happy for my friends who are going to ord this november because the suffering will be over and they will regain their freedom and most importantly of all, their good ol pink ic.


was alive and kicking at 11:57 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com