Sunday, January 15, 2006

Spent the past 1 week doing duties with ojts and icts. For me, I seemed to be stuck in the middle cause I'm an nsf who had finished my ojt long ago in 2005. The Tengah ojts represent the future of Changi Airbase. Looking at them reminded me of myself when I went through ojt myself. It was probably the worst tekan session I went through other than course time. The lack of sleep and the lack of freedom was the price to pay. I showered probably once every 3 or 4 days and hardly took off my boots for fear that the siren will sound anytime. Who in the right mind would take off his boots during ojt unnecessary? Certainly not me. It's right to say that ojt gets slacker and slacker with every batch. One simple example would be the usage of handphones. The ojts used theirs anytime they wanted to while we had to wait until office hours to use ours.

I know the suffering and feelings of unjust they are currently going through during ojt and I sympthize with them to a certain extent. Things like not being able to bathe and eat properly and not knowing when is the next time you're gonna book out sucks. You are subjected not to the torture of your platoon commanders and sergeants but your old birds as well. They have the powers to tekan and turn us out as well. However, that's something I will not contemplate doing because it's not in my character to do so. I will not do it simple for the sake of doing it for the sake of showing who's boss in camp. I said before many times, respect has gotta be earned.

It's pretty important to have a car when you are having in camp training because the problem of transportation will be solved. Just look at Jason, one of the icts who has a car. He even helped ferry his friends to delta 2 and back. If they felt like having supper, they can just drive out to changi village to buy it and come back. Since young, I've a fascination with motorbikes but as you grow older, you realize that they are vehicles which can endanger your life. You can even get hurt in an accident even though it may not be your fault. With a car, you not only protect your life but at the same time, you attract girls? You can't ask for more than that.

It's still raining cats and dogs nowadays but at least the wet weather won't last for long and sunny skies are here to be enjoyed. It gets damn cold and windy when I do duty at night and I certainly want the rain to go away. Even the new paper today reported how many Singaporeans are out in force to enjoy the good weather in places like Sentosa. The clearing up of the skies will also spell relief many whose businesses are affected by it. Places like Chinatown especially when their takings depend on the spending power of the consumers.

It's been a good weekend for the Gunners as evident by their destruction of Middlesbrough yesterday. The return of Ashley Cole helped to stablize the left back position and defence overall while the confirmation of Henry who's staying at Highbury helped increase team morale. The last time we scored 7 goals was against Everton last May and ever since, we've been losing matches and playing poorly. Of course a win was needed against a Boro team that's filled with youngsters but 7 goals was unexpected. Reyes is turning into a very good playmaker for the team with his dribbling and defence splitting passes while Senderos will make a very good centerback in the future. When the team is on song, Arsenal can be a very difficult team to play against.


was alive and kicking at 6:30 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com