|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, February 16, 2006 I was reading Jin Xing's blog just now and was horrified to read about his drop in standards for his latest ippt test. I mean he's one of the fittest guys in platoon 3 during course time and he's from an enhanced batch back in bmt. However, I'm not totally surprised at the his results, just gotta blame our working environment and schedule. We are so totally shagged out from doing our duties that we do not have the time, strength and energy to exercise. We eat and sleep in camp literally. His latest entry has convinced me that it's not too late to start training up and I'm glad I've started long ago. My shift mates said that I'm mad to go running when I've got 5 duties on the second day. Btw, for the first time, I think duties at East are more tiring than the ones at base due to the Asian Aerospace. It means more duties for us. I don't know why I decided to run that night, maybe it's due to the fact that I needed some time to myself and running helps me to forget my problems. I vowed to run at least once every mount. 2 times in a mount will be better still. Spent Valentine's Day in camp as usual. I mean so far, I've spent every imaginable public holiday, weekend and special occasion in camp. What's Valentine Day? Not that I've another significant half to keep me company for that day. Even if I had one, I don't think it's a good idea to celebrate it on the day itself. Everything is so expensive and hyped up and I probably be eating dinner at some restaurant which is crowded with other couples. Just like my campmates, they are smart enough to postpone the celebrations to other days due to their national service commitments. It's not a good idea to take off to go meet your girl because I find it a waste of an off day and money as well. If your other half is understanding enough, it's good. Jason and Michael spent what I would say a considerable sum of money on cab fares going out of camp and back the next day. Seeing Arsenal falter match after match convinced me that we are running out of matches and time to save ourselves and Henry from moving to another club which can match his ambitions. i wouldn't blame him for doing so because it's about time Arsene Wenger asked himself whether we have done enough to keep him at the club. We are turning into a mid table club which is only good enough for a Uefa cup place the next season. I would say this season is a success if we can secure that final Champions League place. Just gotta keep training hard for the upcoming ippt. I need the discipline and mental strength to keep it going.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|