|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, March 12, 2006 It's unbelievable that my pc gave my shift mates aka the Changi batch the permission to turn out the ojt sergeants. Even my old birds, the Paya Lebar batch didn't even request for it and yet my friends actually had the guts to ask for the permission to turn them out. Don't get me wrong, I ain't trying to act noble here by saying that I wasn't interested in joining them in turning out the sergeants but I just felt that it wasn't right. We aren't exactly lao jiaos yet and when the Paya Lebar lao jiaos didn't even do anything, are we really in a position to do anything? Maybe it's too soon. We could have waited until the new batch of Paya Lebar or Sebawang ojts to arrive or simply just wait for the Changi batch, the batch that will be coming to replace us. By then, I believe we will not only have the power to turn them out, our actions will also be justified. I had just came back from my nightly run when I heard about their idea to turn out the ojt sergeants. To be honest, I wasn't interested at all. I have to admit that we were all hungry to turn out people because we got tekan like mad by our superiors during course time and ojt. They were the poly batch of sergeants who are going to ord soon and they couldn't wait to unleash their full power on us man during course time. It's human nature to want to do that. So in the end, while the turn out was ongoing, I went for my bath and watched the whole thingy on cctv because I'm not a big fan of turn outs. After going through the worst turn outs last time, I don't want to go through it again, even though this time I would be on the different side. I'm just glad that I stood my ground and didn't join in. I see myself making friends with this new batch of sergeants and not having the kind of obvious man and sergeant relationship so evident now. I was over the moon to hear that Arsenal has gone through to the quarter finals for the first time after losing to Valencia and Bayern Munich a couple of times in the second round. The fact that we denied a great team like Real Madrid to go in made the win even sweeter. However, it's gonna be tough times ahead as we will be playing Juventus and facing our former captain, Vieira, again. They're not an easy team and we will have to play to our very best to beat them. Can't believe it's been officially 1 year since I've enlisted.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|