|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Saturday, March 04, 2006 The recent mounting with a new bunch of icts had left me with a very bad taste in my mouth because of the way they had carried themselves. From arriving late even though their duty starts at 10am and taking advantage of my pc's kindness to getting into a needless argument with my pc and sergeant just because of a comment that was made. It just led me to believe these guys are a bunch of uneducated people who should be ashamed of themselves. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing againt people who aren't well educated. You would feel the same way as I do if you were in my shoes. I missed the previous batch of icts who were much more friendly and you can tell in the way they interacted with us that they were educated people who took pride in themselves even though they are serving their ict. They taught us lessons in life that money cannot buy and advised us that life after ord is gonna be totally different from life as a student and a soldier. They were even kind enough to help us buy food and drinks from the canteen. I wonder what I will be like when I go for ict myself? Certainly not like this batch of guys. They are the bad eggs that give most of the icts a bad name. So once again the A level results have been announced and it's either you have done well, average, just passed or didn't make it. To those who have done well, congrats! For those who didn't make it, it's really not the end because there are other options to be considered. For the guys who are already in ns or are about to enlist, I would advise against retaking the A levels simply because time isn't on our side. You will be too shagged out from training to be start your revision. Just move on with life and consider other options like enrolling in a private university. It's true that the stigma of being in a private university will be engraved in your mind for some time but believe me, it doesn't really matter. Once you get your degree and start working, who really gives a damn about which university you came from? Just like who will still ask about your PSLE or O level results? Something feels a bit different when I saw her last night at her birthday celebration. Something tells me that I shouldn't stay for long because I felt like a stranger at the scene. I knew most of the people there since Jc1 but perhaps its the effect of not having met for quite a long time. Most of them I haven't seen since the collection of the A level results in March 2005. The girls are currently enjoying themselves in universities as they do not have to serve ns. Heard a bit about the squash team in ntu and as well as from May about the team in nus. Maybe it's good that I'm in ntu, my chances of being in the team is better. It's like being in jjc, you are given a chance to train and be in the team. I had actually planned to play some squash at night with homan and paul but I booked out late and missed most of the action already. I kindly excused myself after awhile and left for home. I mean what's the point of staying on when all I could probably uttered was just "Hi" and probably just a few words more. It's not a case of being shy or what but I don't know what I could have said after not seeing her for so long. Being in ns isn't helping me out either so I was just contended to be able to get a glimpse of her. While everyone is immersed in wishing her "Happy Birthday", I silently made my exit. Nobody would have missed my presence much to be honest. It's just nice that I was able to catch up with my friends for that 1 hour. It would be selfish to ask for more. Wenlong isn't the only one who's addicted to watching dramas on vcds that they have bought or borrowed because I'm one of them as well. Due to the nature of our vocation, we booked out on days when our friends aren't available to go out with. Watching those dramas on vcds or shows on cable helps me to save money as well. Actually during the duration of your ns life, you get to do things that you never really got to do as a student because time and exams doesn't permit. Now with all the time in the world till I ord, I actually get to enjoy watching shows and not worry about not having enough time to complete my tutorials and revise for my exams. It isn't often that I wish for someone to accompany me and spend some quality time together in a quiet place. Maybe have a nice drink together on the 70th floor of Swissotel or any other hotel lounge in town. After yesterday, memories that I don't want to be evoked came surfacing up again. I miss her.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|