Monday, March 20, 2006

Things are starting to get boring when it comes to doing duty. Can't believe there's still a year more to go. You may say that since I've survived 1 year of ns already, what's another 1 year more? Furthermore, there's no more chionging in the jungle and there's no more combat rations to worry about. To tell the truth, the way things are going right now, I rather be in the jungle eating my khong kuan biscuits dipped in water. I find no aim in my life right now, just doing duty, resting, eat and basically do duty again. Where's the sense of direction that I've always had but somehow lost it. Are too many things bothering me? Maybe I just need some thing to sort them out. The question is, do I have the time for it?

Recently before I booked out, had a conversation with my pc and my shift mate jason. We were having this casual talk about our reservist. Both of them agree that doing duty as a ns man next time is the best thing that one could ask for but I beg to differ. It's true that we are doing next to nothing and earning that 400 bucks a month. Something the rest of my friends have to slog their hearts, sweat and blood out to do so. I wanna choose infantry for my reservist and maybe become a rifleman if I have a chance to do so. I don't see the joy of coming back when I'm old to do duty, yes, it's duty yet again. Standing there like a fool with my rifle. I wanna be out there like a man. You know our boots are made for walking, not standing for up to 9 hours.

My pc says as man, we may have a chance to become sergeants next time during our ict. Like I said, does rank really matter to me anymore now that I'm a man? Let alone during reservist next time. I just want my money. However, if it comes to me, who am I to refuse it? I'm not a big fan of combat rations but even the chocolate khong kuan biscuits taste better than the SFI food that I'm eating everyday. Sounds crazy, but I miss putting on my camo, wearing my long no.4, not bathing for a few days, putting prickly heat powder and yeah, even digging trenches.

That's what I will do if I'm given a choice. But that's just me.


was alive and kicking at 11:27 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com