|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, April 02, 2006 Watching Arsenal's 5-0 demolition of Aston Villa just now on ESPN really convinced me that the old Arsenal is back. The Arsenal that plays fluid and attacking football which entertains everyone. When we are on song, our opposition pays for it. After last week's 2-0 win over Serie A leaders, Juventus, we followed up on that score with this 5-0 win. Even as an Arsenal fan myself, I found it hard to believe when I woke up and checked the scoreline for the champions league. Juventus are top of the italian league and have not lost to any team for some time. Let's not even mention the fact that they're playing Arsenal, a team that's struggling in the epl and trying their best to qualify for the champions league next season. That's when we become dangerous because we've got nothing to lose. We're starting to find our feet just at the right time because the end of the seasons is approaching it's never too late to do so. Our first mount with our new pc has been a disaster so far. He happens to be Mark's friend from sispec and ocs as both of them crossed over from sispec. Like what Mark said, let's try to give him some time since he's new and it's only fair to do so. However, the first mount with him has been left me trying to convince myself that he's a nice guy. Readers of my blog, how would you find someone who introduce himself in such a way. "The only time you will see me is to either get off or extras. I will start by giving you 2, and up to 14 extras when I recommend it to oc". No comments really. Even the specs, who assured us that he needs more time have given up on him. He's someone who follows the law, goes by the book, goes by the standard operations procedures and everything must be done in a "by right" way. There's no "by left" for him. Mounting or doing duty with him has been rather frustrating because there's nothing in common that we can talk about. Even Maverick, who comes from the same Hawk coy like him, can only manage a few words here and there. He's not the person who will attempt to create jokes, only smile and say ok all the time. He has only himself to blame if he carries on like this. I mentioned before that leadership is lonely at the top. He can try to be like the rest of the pcs, be more sociable and start to relax a little bit more if you get what I mean. You don't have to so strict all the time. Otherwise, you could end up eating by yourself, watching movies and tv by yourself. Other than office work, you don't find your specs and man talking to you. That's why I tell myself that being in the army has taught me a few lessons that will be useful in years to come, especially when I become a teacher. You don't force respect, you earn it. He may have succeeded in gaining control of our shift but he has lost the respect of our shift as well. What's the point of having an iron fist control of us? When I become a pe teacher, do I want my students to be scared of me all the time? It's good to be strict but you have to be fair at the same time. Being a former student myself, I only know how a student feels when he is so called under the control of a teacher. Does punishing him or her help the situation or is there a better way to settle it? You don't introduce yourself in such a frightening way that you scare your students the first time you see them. Stuff like "The only time you'll see me is to get detention or to good marks from me". I can't wait to get away from this hierarchy system where nobody is treated in a fair way.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|