|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, May 18, 2006 I've been suffering from the lack of sleep these few days, it's not helped by the fact that there was a champions league final between the club I've been supporting since I was in primary 6 and barcelona. Just to cut things short, Arsenal lost 2-1 and we got our keeper sent off in the very first few minutes. It's as good as saying we lost the game at the very beginning. I've missed a couple of matches in the past due to my inability to wake up even though the alarm clock had been set. I'll wake up and tell myself there's still enough time, off the alarm and go back to sleep. That sleep meant that I'll wake up to find daylight. To prevent that from happening this morning, I had to prevent myself from sleeping in the bunk where there were beds. I needed at least a solid 2 hours of sleep before the match started at 2.35am so I told myself the best place without much distractions will be the console room. No ps2 games to tempt me, no comfortable beds to laze around in and absolute silence etc. Got myself some newspapers, a pillow and blanket and I was off to la la land. The floor was quite hard and it took some time taking used to it but other than that, it was pretty all right. Many thanx to YJ and HK for waking me up a couple of times. Making myself a nuisance to both of them. You cannot help but feel sorry for YJ who took the effort to plan the detailing with the soccer game in mind. Everyone who said they wanted to wake up to catch the game didn't in the end. It was kinda of disappointing. The only people who were awake at that hour were just me, HK, YJ, Yong Sheng, Lucas and the dog section guy. YJ asked me whether we should wake the rest up but I told him not to. All of us will be doing a straight 6 hours duty the very next morning from 7am to 1pm as shift 4 had a co talk and they could do with the rest. Unless you're a die-hard Arsenal supporter or had duty at that moment, you could do with the sleep. Very disappointed with Arsenal's play and after half time, I found myself drifting off to sleep as I was very tired. Slept until the end of the match in Giro until HK woke me up to say that we had lost the match. So I came home and slept until now because I was absolutely shagged to the bits. I can like go for hours without sleep but this time it really took a toll on my body I guess. The ulcers in my mouth have been there for 1 week plus and it doesn't seem like it's healing yet. I don't believe in taking medicine unless there's a need to because I wanna reduce the dependence on them so it's basically just drinking more and more water till the ulcer subsides. Came home and read up a bit on both international and local sports news. With the end of all the domestic leagues, it's time to move on to the World Cup. Saw something else that caught my attention and it was really surprising indeed. Sajc beat Rjc 15-10 in the A division rugby final. In the last 2 years, it's pretty obvious that Sa rugby is on the rise, starting from their B division. It's Ac's rugby that seems to be on the decline, as an acsian, it hurts to see that. It's been roughly 2 years since I've play competitive rugby and I kinda miss the game. Will I ever get to play it again? Not for some time really. At least I've still the chance to play squash now and then with Tong and co but rugby is seriously out of the question. I've wanted to go back to jjc to train with the guys but haven't found the time to do so. Maybe I might play squash or rugby for the airforce after the GOH guys come back in september? Who knows, it all depends on what is it like then. It's the shift bonding in shift 3 back then before the GOH guys pulled out that kept me in the shift. Otherwise I've seriously thought of going to my S1 and requesting to play for the airforce. When Cody told me how much fun he and people like Xavier are having playing rugby for the navy, it makes me jealous. It makes me wanna put on my boots and head guard and get myself all dirty and muddy all over again. I should be taking my ippt real soon but not tomorrow morning. Gonna arrange a suitable timing and date for my ippt with my pc. I'll pass it but I can't be sure of taking silver anymore because of my chin ups. At the same time, failing is not an option for me because it's gonna affect my career next time. When was the last time you heard of a pe teacher failing his ippt? Not even once I tell you. It's for my own personal pride and health that I've been running every mount if possible. It's like when I play rugby, I get rid of all the problems that's all inside of me. I come back after every run a person whose mind is much more clear-headed.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|