Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My mood was surprisingly good this morning as me, marcus and eugene were about to complete our standby as it was fast approaching 1pm. We were looking forward to booking out for lunch and eventually go home and rest. Then I receive a call from Hon Kong saying that he had been recalled. I asked him why and he said he had no idea. My first thought was to sms alvin and asked whether he's coming for standby. I called him yesterday using Giro's phone reminding him about his 1-7pm standby and he said he would be coming. The moment I sms him this afternoon about his no-show, he called me immediately saying he can't make it as he's down with food poisoning. Even though I have free incoming call, I didn't want to waste my phone battery talking to a fucker. I just blatantly hung up on him. Go ahead and chao keng if you want to, don't fucking get another innocent recalled for nothing. You selfish bastard.

Just 10 minutes ago, I received a call from Michael saying that Alvin won't be back till Thursday as he hasn't recovered from his food poisoning. That was the ultimate really. Firstly, he didn't come for his last mount, his standby today and tomorrow's mount. That's 5 days of rest! Both me and Michael had the same thing in mind, that is to call sir to ask him to recall Alvin to get his mc endorsed. What we heard from sir is rather disappointing. Very in fact. He told me that he knows that Alvin wasn't sick the last mount but never recalled him then. However this time, he chose to give him the benefit of doubt and not recall him (because of his food poisoning?). My ass really. Me and Michael's aim is to get Alvin to come back and get his mc endorse. Get his mc changed to an attend B and let him do cctv, python and whatever that he can do. However, what sir did was just plain nonsense. Alvin even got his mother to talk to sir, something that Shawn always do when he doesn't want to come for mounting. Talking about Shawn, Chee Yong just told me that guy is taking attend c like nobody's business in GOH. What's new, people don't change.

Maybe I've been to bastard and like what YJ said, give Alvin a chance when he joined shift 3 yet again this month. However, I told YJ straight that I won't because I know Alvin too well to do so. What chances that I've wanted to give Alvin previously has just evaporated into thin air. It's pretty simple actually. There are certain individuals that we don't like and never will and right now, Alvin falls into that category. I still remember what Alvin told Tianyi, who was doing his standby in x-ray how he won't be seeing Alvin after December. He goes on to mention that after December he will be an ict and you won't be seeing him again. How funny of him to say that when he is only gonna ord in March 2007. I don't have to say more.

I seriously can't wait for the GOH guys to come back. I feel that before they left, shift 3 had the best and most complete individuals, specs and pc. Now that they're gone, this shift is certainly in bits and pieces. Everyone teases me(harmlessly) about me being the shift ic but seriously, sometimes I feel that I'm not doing enough. To be honest, there's only so much I can do. Get things sorted out, help the specs whenever I can, voice out problems of my shiftmates to my pc(which is useless when my pc doesn't listen) and other stuff etc. However, I can't prevent people from taking attend c and doing things that harms the shift's status. When Ser Chin's batch leaves in June, I can only count on people like Michael and Hock Leong to make things happen.

Hock Leong called me a few minutes ago and I bet him a drink that Alvin won't even come back on Thursday. That gives him 8 days of rest. How wonderful isn't it. I like to think that I won't lose this bet.


was alive and kicking at 8:33 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com