Wednesday, July 26, 2006

2 incidents that I managed to chance upon while I was buying food at changi village the last mount and another while I was taking the train to town yesterday. I was buying sugarcane juice from the stall that I always frequent because it was run by a family that was pretty friendly to their customers. Even if I'm seated on the other side of the hawker centre, I'll make an effort to walk across to this sugarcane stall located opposite the amigo noodle stall. That evening, I asked for a takeaway packet of sugarcane juice and this small kid, I presume to be the son of the owner, came over to serve me seeing that his mother was busy washing the cups. To be honest, his service was way better than most of the sugarcane stalls that I used to buy from in the hawker cenre. He served me with such a nice smile that I wished I can buy more packets from him. For someone of his age, he's sensible enough to help out his parents when they were busy with something else.

While taking the train to town yesterday, this indian couple with 1 of their kids in a pram and another small girl boarded at outram mrt station. The poor father seemed to be struggling to move inside as he was holding onto the 2 pieces of their luggage. As I standing beside the doorway, I moved aside so that the mother can move into my position and lean against the glass panel for support. A few stations later, some auntie decided to give up her seat so that the little girl can sit down without her mother worrying that she might fall down when the train brakes. Incidents like these show that there are some nice Singaporeans after all. It's always the few individuals that spoil the image of the whole.


was alive and kicking at 6:50 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com