|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 I simply didn't have the time nor energy to update my blog because of what's been going on in camp and I'm too shagged to even type down my thoughts and feelings. With all the stuff that's been going on, it has given me an insight view of people and a greater depth of their character. It's exactly like what people have told me, when the going gets tough, you see a different side of each and every one of those around you. Those that will complain and make life difficult for the rest and those who will silently carry on with their work regardless of whether it's fair to them at all. We're all nsfs who are serving our country, we should all try to make life better for ourselves, there isn't any need to make our own lives any more difficult by creating trouble or disharmony. The ones that will ultimately suffer will be us, no one else. I admit I was wrong to always question and convinced yj that the old and new bird system is here to stay. He had his reasons for doing away with the system and I had mine as well. Leon told me in front of yj in the armoury while we were having a chat that this batch of specs wanted to do away with this system because it's basically retarded. From my recent and personal experiences so far, even I have to say that the system is here purely because of "tradition". This "tradition" can be done away with. It's whether we want to or not. I myself also want to do away with another "tradition". I want the specs and man to be friends, not just a relationship that's based on rank alone, something that I really hated during my course time. Every spec during my course time was purely a bastard with the exception of my platoon sergeant, Hong Zheng, from Sembawang Airbase who treated us with dignity. The specs in my shift are not just my superiors and commanders, outside of duty, they are my friends. Especially yj whom I can really talk and have a good conversation with. Someone whom I can really be open to and there's nothing to hide between us. I would say that most of the people in my shift don't know how much he has done for this shift and he often gets misunderstood and doesn't get the credit he deserved. I know because I've seen how he has suffered the mental and verbal abuse myself. I know he's doing alot because I've seen it first hand. Does he deserve all the shit that he got? Obviously not. I respect him alot as a spec and as a friend. Someone who takes pride in the things he's doing and cares alot for his shift and man. The day that I remain as ic in this shift, I'm determined not to see a repeat of what has happened to him. This shift currently lacks people who cares for their own shift members and are responsible as well. That is why I can't wait for the GOH guys to come back and help me, yj and the shift. I want shift 3 to be the old shift 3. It was probably the most complete and perfect shift in my unit.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|