|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Monday, July 10, 2006 So 10th July 2006 Singapore time finally marks the end of the world cup and never again will Singaporeans and people around the world endure late nights just to catch their favourite teams in action. The same goes for me as well not that I really stayed up to watch for this current tournament. The only matches that I really caught on tv was the opening matches between Germany and Costa Rica, a few of the round 16 and semi finals onwards. For a soccer fan, that's kinda shameful to say but let's all push the blame to the nature of my vocation. Catching those matches would have meant the loss of sleep and not having enough energy the next morning to do duty. I see my favourite team, France, lose to Italy on penalties but it didn't really affect me the way Arsenal does when it loses. So what's next, epl soccer? What's new man. After having the bad experience of being chased out of the various hotels in town after me, nemo and yj tried to seek shelter on their sofas, we decided the next best option was to rent a room in a budget hotel in geylang to catch the finals. We all know geylang as the sleazy place to be in if you are up to no good but we're really seriously there to watch soccer and enjoy the good food. Met up with Zhuo Lin and Raja for a dinner of stired fried frog legs and acccompanied by steaming hot porridge. I even shared a plate of tofu with minced meat with yj and I must say that it was quite tasty. I don't think I ate so much frog legs in my life at one sitting and I left the place with a rather full stomach. We all proceeded to book a room at one of the chains of hotel81, I did my homework before I came down to geylang. That is to check out the pricing and the various locations of the chains in geylang. Hotel 81 must be doing roaring business yesterday night with various chains all fully booked up. We all know what it means when I say roaring business. The thing about being in geylang is that we must learn to accept the fact that there will be those kind of girls around, standing along the sidewalk and trying to pull as many customers as they can within one night. I guess the world cup finals yesterday didn't really affect their business. I am used to the sight of seeing girls lined up alongside the sidewalk because of the scenes of transsexuals in changi village at night. It's really nothing new for all of us. Seeing those china girls trying to attract customers reminded me of boon kian's entry, the one where he was being harassed. It kinda amazed me to see the geylang nowadays is being filled with china girls. It's everywhere you go, you're likely to see one hanging around. At the same time, I also felt sorry for them because there must be reasons which led them to endure such a job. I'm not joking when I say I will never never visit them because of the simplest of reasons. It's like why am I not smoking. I don't wanna die young and it's freaking waste of money. Sounds kinda stupid but I wanna keep my virginity to the girl I like and I don't wanna be infected by some unknown sexual disease. I don't need to say more. Suffered from a lack of sleep this morning and it clearly affected my appetite for lunch as well. Didn't have the mood to go for lessons at base but at the end of the day, we felt it was best to go for it. No point getting ourselves and yj into trouble. It was just 45 mins of racial harmony lecture plus video clip viewing and it was conducted by staff pek. It was over before you knew it. Took 89 all the way to Hougang for lunch before sharing a cab with Nemo all the way to Khatib mrt station where I took the train home. Caught up on a bit of sleep before waking up to update my blog. It's time I start planning when I'll need to clear my leave. Today yj told me that it's time he needed a little bit of break away from camp and away from what's happening. He's right man. The same goes for me. I need a break myself. A break to recharge and catch up with my friends and family. Not to mention the sleep as well. I see the sights of raja and zhuo lin in their civilian attire and how they're all preparing and gearing themselves up for their university life and I myself can't wait for mine to begin. I've already wasted 2 years of my life in the army and it's really too long a break from studies. Picking up my books and notes to start revising is gonnabe difficult now after I tried it that night in the cctv room. Read up a bit on some sports science notes that I downloaded from the moe website and it took me a while before the information starts to sink in. This is real bad. Bad because it's gonna take a while before I fully adjust back to the life of a student. Something that my cousin warned me about after he ord and embarking on his uni studies. What's the funniest scene for the day? Nemo picking yj's feet as his pillow.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|