Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I've been spending the last few days and nights watching this hongkong serial called "Triumph In The Sky". The setting for the show is at newly built hongkong airport and it revolves around the lives of the people working in it. It's not so much about the usual love, gossip and backstabbing etc going on in the show but it's what we can learn from it that matters. You may think it's silly and wonder what can we learn from a hong kong serial? You may even laugh when I mentioned that out of the 40 discs, 2 of them managed to make me shed a few tears. In fact this show sets itself apart from the many other serials that was produced because not only was it entertaining but it is also quite educational. Taking us to places like italy and australia, we can also learn valuable life lessons from it.

Treasure your loved ones, both family and friends before you lose the chance to do so. That's such a cliche saying but it's never too late to remind myself and you readers out there. Are we so caught up in the pursuit of money, power and fame etc that we've forgotten that there are people around us that really care for us? People are often too busy to stop and ponder whether they've neglected their loved ones. Let's not say that I've become a firm believer of fate after I've watched this show but well, it's up to the individual to decide. For me, I do.

Fate plays a big part in our daily life. It's fate that brings you to be with you friends in school, work and army. It's fate that brings me into shift 3 and being able to do duty with a nice bunch of friends who are all awaiting for the time in the green uniform to be up. Whatever spats and arguments we have or used to have, we should learn to forgive and forget.

It's fate that gave me a chance to know her as well. Does it really matter that I can't be with her now? Maybe I'll be kidding myself if i say I don't give a damn but I still believe in the saying "I don't have to own her to be happy, seeing her happy is enough".


was alive and kicking at 9:21 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com