Monday, October 30, 2006

This will be the last entry for the month of october 2006 before november arrives the time I've booked out. I was at viper1 with yj and we chatted with mavarick and eugene who were on duty. We started to talk about how fast it's all gonna end for us aka the changi batch. Yj exclaimed that while we are gonna be very happy to see the arrival of the changi batch, it's all gonna be gloom and sadness for him. I totally understand how he felt, having to get used to another new batch of guys, people whom I would call as total strangers first. He won't be able to communicate with them as effectively as he would with us, give them the benefit of doubt whenever a problem arrives and trust them to do things without being supervised etc.

I asked mavarick when is he flying off to germany and he replied in 4 months. It may seemed like a long time from now but to those who're serving ns and ording with me, I tell you it's a gonna be pretty fast from now on. We all have to move on with our lives after we ord, be it to find work or to further our studies. To the crazy ones who've decided to sign on regulars, I don't know what to say but I'll respect your decision. While we may have all the time in the world now to meet up, I would say the future is uncertain once we take off our green uniform and put on the civilian ones for good come 03/07. Will we be able to meet up as and when we want to for a meal or so? I believe that it's gonna be quite difficult. To those who will be working, it might be difficult to take time off from work while for the ones who will be studying, there's assignments and examinations to contend with. It's without doubt that we will grow more distant as time progressed but I hope the friendship ties we've made will last forever.

While pc who's extending his ord date until uni begins and my 2 specs who will be busy with the arrival of the changi batch, it's time for my batch to slowly take a break from army life and start to become more withdrawn from it. I've always agreed with what the icts told me while I'm on duty with them that the friends you've made in army will be your friends for life. There are exceptions however for me. You don't expect me to be friends with people like william boo who left me with 3/4 of the fire trench to dig during course time? In fact, I don't want to be associated with people like them once army ends. People like him won't be able to survive in the working society next time with such a stubborn mentality.

Fdc course no doubt left us with beautiful memories that will last us for a long time to come because of all the tekaning and outfield exercises. It will be sad forthe current batch because I believe they have practically nothing to remember their course time, probably how slack and relaxed it had been. I feel sorry for them nevertheless.


was alive and kicking at 4:54 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com