|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Saturday, October 07, 2006 Yesterday was the mid autumn festival, an evening where people spend the time eating mooncakes, children carry their favourite lanterns around and basically everyone gets together to spend quality time together. Festivals and public holidays have taken on a new meaning altogether for many Singaporeans. Contrary to reports that young Singaporeans are losing touch with chinese culture and they don't know the real significance of certain festivals. What we do know is that they know that spending quality time together with your family and friends is the real deal. The haze hasn't been really good this few days and it seemed to have worsen as the days progressed. Maybe spending time at home is the best solution so far because you're just gonna get your air passage clogged with irritating burnt particles that's ever present in the air if you spend too much time outside. For people who out there who are concerned about my current condition, I'm doing fine. The pores have turned black and I'm just waiting for them to drop off one by one. I've been trying my best to stick to the time schedule for my medicine because I deem it rather important if I want to recover asap. Maybe it's good that I got it at the age of 20 because I know it's not good to scratch at the pores no matter how dried up they are. Yeah I know it's better to get cp when you're a baby but you simply don't know what's happening around you and you don't even know how to take good care of yourself. Many thanks to my mother especially who's taken real good care of me. She's been cooking my meals, brewing tonic water and soup so as to ensure I heal fast enough. I feel bad that at this age, I still have to bother her to take care of me. Maybe I've to thank the army as well for teaching me to how to be independent. I still remember 6thOctober2005, the first day of our ojt and it happened to fall on the mid autumn festival as well. Pc daniel fire drilled us and we fall in outside hangar 702 with the fire extinguishers. We got tekan and pumped, the usual stuff. What caught my attention was the full moon that was high up in the night sky looking down on me. Somehow it managed to take the tiredness and pain away from me for that instant moment. Amazing it may sound, it gave me the additional strength to carry on with ojt for that night. I knew in my mind that the suffering will end in 2 weeks.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|