Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I've been on leave for the past few days. It's the period for clearing leave now before any of them gets eaten up. It was a good break from camp life and doing duties. Spending the time with my ac friends and going out until the wee hours of the night reminded me of the days after we finished our a levels and before we enlisted. We felt carefree and without a single worry in the world. I would just walk down the road in the company of good friends and hope that time doesn't passed by so fast. Eating to my fill and playing games with them had been what I've been up to. Maybe it's payback time for during the period in which I had chicken pox. The lack of good food and entertainment totally sucked.

Like what Tong said, we hardly get to spend time together due to ns commitments and furthermore, the nature of my vocation meant that some of my weekends maybe burnt. While walking to kap for our late night supper 2 days ago, Simon pointed out that it was just like the good ol days. It's moments like these that made me wanna get out of army fast. Fast enough to resume my civilian life, the life that I've been waiting for the past 2 years.

I was watching some videos on youtube yesterday before I managed to chance upon the movie "Army Daze". Some kind soul had posted it online by splitting the movie into 9 parts. Well, it reminded me of the first few days when I had just enlisted. I was feeling lost and looking blur, not knowing what was ahead of me. It's all about training and living with people from different backgrounds. Whether we like it or not, we have to help one another because we're all gonna be together for the next 3 months. You see all kinds of people inside of bmt, the jokers, the nerds, the bengs(actually they are all nice people), the girlish types and the quiet ones etc. Thats what gives the army a more colourful life in an otherwise mundane environment. For those who had been used to the life with maids, it's time to grow up and learn to be independent. They say that army turns boys into man, I hardly doubt that now. I used to think it was nonsense.

Another video that I watched was the bmt pop taken in march this year. They were doing the infantry roar and watching it just brought back the wonderful memories of those days. After that parade ended, so did our recruit lives, we graduated as privates and moved on with our ns lives. The commanders to be went to sispec and ocs while the man went to their respective units. We all served our purpose and each of us has a role play. It doesn't matter how glorified how your unit is. The times in bmt were the most wonderful ones that I had. It's a pity that all of us had to spilt up after that.

Christmas is just around the corner, decorations have all been up in town and in the malls around your neighbourhood even though it's just mid november. For now, I can hardly feel the christmas spirit but I'm sure in due time it will soon surround the air that we breathe in.


was alive and kicking at 12:50 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com